Slime liner sliced my inner tube

marc wrote:
> Pete Biggs wrote:
>> marc wrote:
>>> Great news, because of your ineptitude and selfishness every other
>>> wiggle customer gets to pay a little more.

>> What ineptitude? The liners are not fit for the purpose if they
>> cause punctures. Apparently this can happen even when fitted
>> properly.

> He knew before he bought/used them that they were suspect but went
> ahead anyway, then whinged when they did what he had been warned
> about.

Being vaguely suspicious about something because of what you've read on the
internet and knowing the product will defnitely fail you are two different
things. It's perfectly reasonable to buy something and expect it to do
what's advertised, then get a refund if it doesn't.

~PB

On Oct 31, 6:47 pm, "Pete Biggs"
<[email protected]> wrote:
> marc wrote:
> > Kooky45 wrote:
> >> Quick update: Wiggle just refunded me the cost of the liners. What a
> >> fantastic company :) I've got a pair of Schwalbe Marathon Plus ATB
> >> tyres coming in the post too.

> > Great news, because of your ineptitude and selfishness every other
> > wiggle customer gets to pay a little more.

> What ineptitude? The liners are not fit for the purpose if they cause
> punctures. Apparently this can happen even when fitted properly.
>
> Wiggle and customers will actually gain if Kooky ends up spending much more
> their than he would have done otherwise. Those tyres aren't cheap for a
> start.
>
> ~PB

Pete, you're absolutely right - Wiggle accepted they weren't fit for
purpose. I asked them if they could supply the new tyres I wanted too
but they said they couldn't so I've had to go another route. Shame cos
I think their service is excellent and will gladly spend my money with
them.