Slime Newb Questions

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Wyldkat, Apr 30, 2003.

  1. Wyldkat

    Wyldkat Guest

    I am running tubeless tires, currently have 3 different sets and each of the three has at least one
    tire that has slow leaks, some more than slow leaks. Soapy water poured on the tire shows air
    bubbles all over, kinda looks like white fungus growing on the tire. I figure slime will take care
    of these problems but i am wondering how hard it will be to swap between sets of tires without
    getting everything covered in the stuff. Does it just stick to the tires after installed or am i
    going to be leaking green stuff all over the place on a tire change?

    Tags:

  2. Technician

    Technician Guest

    > I am running tubeless tires, currently have 3 different sets and each of the three has at least
    > one tire that has slow leaks, some more than slow leaks. Soapy water poured on the tire shows air
    > bubbles all over, kinda looks like white fungus growing on the tire. I figure slime will take care
    > of these problems but i am wondering how hard it will be to swap between sets of tires without
    > getting everything covered in the stuff. Does it just stick to the tires after installed or am i
    > going to be leaking green stuff all over the place on a tire change?

    I'm guessing you will leak stuff all over. The slime in my tubes seems to stay wet (so it will flow
    and auto- balance i assume).

    ~Travis
    --
    travis57 at megalink dot net

    travis5765.homelinux.net, Primary Administrator TF Custom Electronics, Owner/Founder/Developer

  3. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    I prefer my newbs clean 'n dry.

    Bill "nothing to contribute to actual question (first tubeless ride in 95 minutes)" S.

  4. Klydesdale

    Klydesdale Guest

    "Wyldkat" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I am running tubeless tires, currently have 3 different sets and each of
    the
    > three has at least one tire that has slow leaks, some more than slow
    leaks.
    > Soapy water poured on the tire shows air bubbles all over, kinda looks
    like
    > white fungus growing on the tire. I figure slime will take care of these problems but i am
    > wondering how hard it will be to swap between sets of tires without getting everything covered in
    > the stuff. Does it just stick to the tires after installed or am i going to be leaking green stuff
    > all over the place on a tire change?

    I believe there's now a Slime formulated specifically for use in tubeless tires. And I know a few
    folks with problems like yours who've used the sealant from Stan No Tubes system in their tubeless
    tires with good results. www.notubes.com.