Slingshot Frame Wanted!!!!!

rhino

New Member
Nov 16, 2003
Does anyone know of a slingshot MTB Frame still being ridden by someone, or even hanging in a garage. I am looking to rebuild a early 90's icon and need to track down a frame. Would also consider a road version frame as well.

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"rhino" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Does anyone know of a slingshot MTB Frame still being
> ridden by someone, or even hanging in a garage. I am
> looking to rebuild a early 90's icon and need to track
> down a frame. Would also consider a road version frame
> as well.
>
> Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went and had a look at their website. The idea seems pretty
cool but $1300 US for a frame only means I won't be getting
one in a hurry. Anyone here ridden one?

Fraser

Fraser Johnston wrote:
> "rhino" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>Does anyone know of a slingshot MTB Frame still being
>>ridden by someone, or even hanging in a garage. I am
>>looking to rebuild a early 90's icon and need to track
>>down a frame. Would also consider a road version frame
>>as well.
>>
>>Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>

> Went and had a look at their website. The idea seems
> pretty cool but $1300 US for a frame only means I won't be
> getting one in a hurry. Anyone here ridden one?
>
> Fraser

Only for about 100m, but it felt very light, if somewhat
flexy. Great for climbing, but my mental "jury" is still out
vis a vis sprinting or descending.

&roo

"Fraser Johnston" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "rhino" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > Does anyone know of a slingshot MTB Frame still being
> > ridden by someone, or even hanging in a garage. I am
> > looking to rebuild a early 90's icon and need to track
> > down a frame. Would also consider a road version frame
> > as well.
> >
> > Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> Went and had a look at their website. The idea seems
> pretty cool but
$1300
> US for a frame only means I won't be getting one in a
> hurry. Anyone here ridden one?
Only for about a km. Everyone who I knew who had one,
broke them (I knew of 2, road/tri frames, would have to
have been 10years ago?). Failure at the seattube/top tube
join from memory. Both sold their replacement frames as
soon as they came in.