Slipping Seatpost

bikerjoe

Oct 24, 2002
I have a Carbon TCR and Carbon post, but I seem to get some slippage every so often. The clamp is on pretty tight and I don't want to tighten it too hard, just in case. Anybody had the same problem?

bikerjoe said:
I have a Carbon TCR and Carbon post, but I seem to get some slippage every so often. The clamp is on pretty tight and I don't want to tighten it too hard, just in case. Anybody had the same problem?
Hi

Is it a carbon or AL post ? I hope its not greased in anyway !!

I have a TCR advanced, I would just wrap some electrical tape (1 layer) around the seat post. Other wise get a torque wrench and tigten it up to 50kgf.

My lbs does recommend a AL post in a carbon frame as it could bind due to corrosion build up and that you can't grease it because mineral oils will damage the unprotected internal carbon of the seat tube, not sure if this is true though.

Kleng,

USE Carbon postl, but never greased it. Might try the electrical tape on it.

bikerjoe said:

you can swap it for mine!!!! (see the 'stuck seatpost' thread)

interesting, my buddy just finishing building his tcr and we went out this morning and he couldnt get his seatpost to stop slipping either. im gonna have him try the tape and see if he can get it to work.