Slipstream article at ESPN

It's a great article for Slipstream.

I want to believe that they are clean, and this is not the world's best marketing spin, but seeing folks like Lim and Zabriskie involved with the team makes me a bit skeptical.

oly_lg_slipstream8832_718.jpg

Vaughters looks like he should be teaching English literature while smoking a pipe.

He looks like Ralph Fiennes...
magnify.gif

At least now we know why they went with argyle for their jersey design.

At last. JV's boho, pseudo intellectual pose has given me the role model that I've aspired to. I'm off to the tobacconist's to get a prop to complete the 'look'. What a dude.
All the talk coming from Slipstream is encouraging but it it still has to be contrasted with the effluvia that has previously emanated from the mouths of this newly righteous cast of born again heroes. I sincerely hope that they are true to their intentions but for now I will maintain an ever so slightly, cynical stance.
If they are truly clean then there are inevitably going to be some desperate days ahead for Slipstream. Many of them have struggled to be truly competitive when obviously fuelled up and will have a really hard time without the chemical crutches that they have been used to. Some of them have been notably lacking in physical durability and mental fortitude in their previous incarnations. Without 'assistance' it is easy to foresee a long struggle to live with the likes of Astana. In fact, it is pretty obvious that they won't be able to.
There best hope is that there are enough cleaned-up teams in the Peleton to ensure that they will have some half decent days. The alternative scenario has them wasting themselves and disintegrating in a noble but fruitless attempt to show that an honest team can live with the dopers. We can but hope that Vaughters in the long term comes out ahead of The Hog and demonstrates a successful, new model for this blighted sport.

Gregers said:
At last. JV's boho, pseudo intellectual pose has given me the role model that I've aspired to. I'm off to the tobacconist's to get a prop to complete the 'look'. What a tool.
+1....