slop in BB

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Stu, Apr 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stu

Stu Guest

l have a Shimano BB in my MTB the BB has a max of 800kms(500miles) on it how much slop should there
    be in it? there isn't allot, l don't have the tools to measure it easily but l would guess about
    .5mm (20" hope that's how you write thou) better the pedal end of the crank and the chain stay. is
    this normal? and l am being to damn fussy or should l be looking to get it replaced under warranty
    its the first cartage BB l have had so l have no idea, but l would have thought that they would have
    a little preload on the bearings thanks

Tags:

2. st-<< l have a Shimano BB in my MTB the BB has a max of 800kms(500miles) on it how much slop should
    there be in it?

No slop-either the BB isn't tight in the frameset, the crank arms are loose or it is
    history(warranty).

Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    (303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

3. Dax

Dax Guest

On 09 Apr 2003 12:43:40 GMT, [email protected] (Qui si parla Campagnolo) wrote:

>st-<< l have a Shimano BB in my MTB the BB has a max of 800kms(500miles) on it how much slop should
    >there be in it?
    >
    >No slop-either the BB isn't tight in the frameset, the crank arms are loose or it is
    >history(warranty).
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >Peter Chisholm Vecchio's Bicicletteria 1833 Pearl St. Boulder, CO, 80302
    >(303)440-3535 http://www.vecchios.com "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"...

...on at least some of these Shimano cartridges there is a cup-and-cone bearing on the left. It is a
    VERY big ring with flats in a VERY tight area to get at - but can be done. Clearly there is a
    shimano tool for this ring but I don't see it in catalogs... any info? - Ъ×

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.