Slough incident

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mr [email protected] \ -Lsqco, Apr 15, 2003.

  1. This is a *very* nasty incident - certainly not one to make jokes about (I think even the slab fairy
    will agree). As usual don't want to frighten anyone but these things *must* be reported to try and
    catch those who did
    it.

    Bear in mind all that good weather brings out bugs and pests as well as nice flowers and landscapes,
    and be vigilant (but not frightened).

    Alex Police are appealing for help from motorists and passers-by who may have witnessed a violent
    attack on a cyclist that took place in Cippenham Lane, Slough, during the morning rush-hour.

    Between 8.30am and 9am on Friday 4 April, a man was riding his bicycle along the slip road parallel
    to Cippenham Lane towards the Copthorne Hotel roundabout. He was called by a man on the other side
    of the road, who threw a couple of stones at him, both missing their target.

    The cyclist stopped and a short conversation took place. His atttacker then went into a nearby
    garden, picked up a concrete paving stone and swung it at the cyclist, hitting him in the face.
    Dropping the concrete slab, the attacker ran across the gardens in the direction of the roundabout,
    before turning left into Farnham Road. Despite suffering cuts and bruises, the cyclist made his way
    to Slough Police Station on Windsor Road where he reported the incident, before attending Upton Park
    hospital for medical treatment.

    The attacker was white, aged 17 to 19, about 5ft 8ins tall, with fair shaved hair, wearing a grey
    hooded top, blue jeans and blue trainers.

    PC Mike Hillyard, who is investigating the incident, said: "This unprovoked attack happened at a
    busy time of the morning, as people were making their way to work. We are asking members of the
    public, who may have been passing in the rush-hour traffic, to contact us if they have any
    information that will assist our enquiries."

    Witnesses should contact Slough Police on 01753 506000, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on
    0800 555 111.

    Tags:

  2. Rory

    Rory Guest

    There was a similar incident in Dublin a couple of days ago: a cyclist was set upon and badly beaten
    by "tennis enthusiasts" - what's going on?

  3. [email protected] (Rory) writes:

    > There was a similar incident in Dublin a couple of days ago: a cyclist was set upon and badly
    > beaten by "tennis enthusiasts" - what's going on?

    Sounds to me like they had some kind of racket going, and the cyclist wouldn't play ball

    -dan

    --

    http://www.cliki.net/ - Link farm for free CL-on-Unix resources

  4. Tony R

    Tony R Guest

    "Rory" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > There was a similar incident in Dublin a couple of days ago: a cyclist was set upon and badly
    > beaten by "tennis enthusiasts" - what's going on?

    According to today's Irish Times they've been upgraded from enthusiasts to Davis Cup playing
    professionals. Tony R.