Slow Cooker chicken noodle soup?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by [email protected]_is_not_a_real_address.com, Jan 13, 2006.

  1. MoM

    MoM Guest

    <[email protected]_is_not_a_real_address.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Anyone have a good recipe?

    -= Exported from BigOven =-

    Chicken Noodle Soup

    Recipe By: Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
    htt
    Serving Size: 0
    Cuisine:
    Main Ingredient:
    Categories: Poultry

    -= Ingredients =-
    2 pounds chicken - ; (to 3 lbs) ; cut up
    2 quarts water
    1 tablespoon salt
    1 teaspoon Accent
    1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
    1 leek or onion ; chopped
    1 carrot ; chopped
    2 celery stalks ; chopped
    1 cup chopped parsley
    1 teaspoon marjoram or basil
    1 bay leaf
    6 ounces noodles

    -= Instructions =-
    Place all ingredients except noodles in the crock pot.
    Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.

    Remove chicken and bay leaf from pot; take meat from bones,
    dice, and return to broth, and add the noodles. Cook
    another hour or until noodles are done (about 1/2 hour on
    HIGH).

    This recipe yields ?? servings.

    Formatted for MC5 08-09-1999 by Joe Comiskey -
    [email protected]

    ** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping.
    **
    ** Easy recipe software. Try it free at:
    http://www.bigoven.com **

    MoM

  2. Thanks! I have a question.
    A couple of weeks ago be bought alot of boneless chicken breasts on
    sale. We froze most of it, but we also cooked a bunch, shredded it
    (for tacos, etc.) and froze it.

    Can I use this cooked, shredded chicken? Or would it be overcooked?

  3. [email protected]_is_not_a_real_address.com wrote:
    > Thanks! I have a question.
    > A couple of weeks ago be bought alot of boneless chicken breasts on
    > sale. We froze most of it, but we also cooked a bunch, shredded it
    > (for tacos, etc.) and froze it.
    >
    > Can I use this cooked, shredded chicken? Or would it be overcooked?

    just make sure that when you do use it it is fully thawed, otherwise it
    will be soggy

    -CB

    http://www.iamfood.com

  4. [email protected]_is_not_a_real_address.com wrote on 13 Jan 2006 in
    rec.food.cooking

    > Anyone have a good recipe?

    I double this recipe.

    And add extra diced onion and celery with leaves (to taste). I use 3 good
    sized cloves of garlic, minced . Plus a splash of sherry when the cream
    is added. I do the sautee in the stock pot.

    @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

    Chicken Alfredo Soup

    Soups/Chowders

    1 boneless chicken breast
    1/2 small onion
    1 can mushrooms (I use fresh, thinly sliced mushrooms)
    1 can chicken broth
    2 cups water
    1/2 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
    1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    = (or 1 crushed garlic clove)
    Salt; to taste
    Freshly-ground black pepper; to taste

    Sautee chicken, celery, onions and mushrooms until cooked. Dice chicken
    into bite-sized pieces and add to water and chicken broth. Simmer until
    warm and add garlic, salt and pepper. On warm add half-and-half.

    This recipe yields 4 servings; 3 carb grams per serving.

    Source:
    "Low Carb Diet Recipes at http://www.dietlowcarb.com"
    S(Formatted for MC6):
    "06-28-2003 by Joe Comiskey - Mad's Recipe Emporium"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

    Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 17 Calories; trace Fat (20.9%
    calories from fat); 1g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg
    Cholesterol; 195mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2
    Vegetable.

    Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

    Contributor: n/a

    Yield: 4 servings

    The eyes are the mirrors....
    But the ears...Ah the ears.
    The ears keep the hat up.

  5. MoM

    MoM Guest

    <[email protected]_is_not_a_real_address.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > Thanks! I have a question.
    > A couple of weeks ago be bought alot of boneless chicken
    > breasts on
    > sale. We froze most of it, but we also cooked a bunch,
    > shredded it
    > (for tacos, etc.) and froze it.
    >
    > Can I use this cooked, shredded chicken? Or would it be
    > overcooked?

    I wouldn't use it except to add extra meat near the end. it
    will be overcooked.

    MoM