Slow Cooker chicken noodle soup?

<Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Anyone have a good recipe?

-= Exported from BigOven =-

Chicken Noodle Soup

Recipe By: Southern U.S. Cuisine (crockpot collection) at
htt
Serving Size: 0
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Poultry

-= Ingredients =-
2 pounds chicken - ; (to 3 lbs) ; cut up
2 quarts water
1 tablespoon salt
1 teaspoon Accent
1 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
1 leek or onion ; chopped
1 carrot ; chopped
2 celery stalks ; chopped
1 cup chopped parsley
1 teaspoon marjoram or basil
1 bay leaf
6 ounces noodles

-= Instructions =-
Place all ingredients except noodles in the crock pot.
Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.

Remove chicken and bay leaf from pot; take meat from bones,
dice, and return to broth, and add the noodles. Cook
another hour or until noodles are done (about 1/2 hour on
HIGH).

This recipe yields ?? servings.

Formatted for MC5 08-09-1999 by Joe Comiskey -
[email protected]

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping.
**
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at:
http://www.bigoven.com **

MoM

Thanks! I have a question.
A couple of weeks ago be bought alot of boneless chicken breasts on
sale. We froze most of it, but we also cooked a bunch, shredded it
(for tacos, etc.) and froze it.

Can I use this cooked, shredded chicken? Or would it be overcooked?

Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com wrote:
> Thanks! I have a question.
> A couple of weeks ago be bought alot of boneless chicken breasts on
> sale. We froze most of it, but we also cooked a bunch, shredded it
> (for tacos, etc.) and froze it.
>
> Can I use this cooked, shredded chicken? Or would it be overcooked?

just make sure that when you do use it it is fully thawed, otherwise it
will be soggy

-CB

http://www.iamfood.com

Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com wrote on 13 Jan 2006 in
rec.food.cooking

> Anyone have a good recipe?

I double this recipe.

And add extra diced onion and celery with leaves (to taste). I use 3 good
sized cloves of garlic, minced . Plus a splash of sherry when the cream
is added. I do the sautee in the stock pot.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Chicken Alfredo Soup

Soups/Chowders

1 boneless chicken breast
1/2 small onion
1 can mushrooms (I use fresh, thinly sliced mushrooms)
1 can chicken broth
2 cups water
1/2 cup half-and-half or heavy cream
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
= (or 1 crushed garlic clove)
Salt; to taste
Freshly-ground black pepper; to taste

Sautee chicken, celery, onions and mushrooms until cooked. Dice chicken
into bite-sized pieces and add to water and chicken broth. Simmer until
warm and add garlic, salt and pepper. On warm add half-and-half.

This recipe yields 4 servings; 3 carb grams per serving.

Source:
"Low Carb Diet Recipes at http://www.dietlowcarb.com"
S(Formatted for MC6):
"06-28-2003 by Joe Comiskey - Mad's Recipe Emporium"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 17 Calories; trace Fat (20.9%
calories from fat); 1g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 0mg
Cholesterol; 195mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2
Vegetable.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Contributor: n/a

Yield: 4 servings

The eyes are the mirrors....
But the ears...Ah the ears.
The ears keep the hat up.

<Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Thanks! I have a question.
> A couple of weeks ago be bought alot of boneless chicken
> breasts on
> sale. We froze most of it, but we also cooked a bunch,
> shredded it
> (for tacos, etc.) and froze it.
>
> Can I use this cooked, shredded chicken? Or would it be
> overcooked?

I wouldn't use it except to add extra meat near the end. it
will be overcooked.

MoM