slow leak in vittoria corsa Evo CX tubulars

oldskool1966

Jun 17, 2013
just starting riding on tubulars and on several recommendations i purschased Vittoria Corsa Evo Cx. they ride will but there are two problems:

1. when pumping them, they leak air so takes a lot of effort to fill the tires
2. they have a slow leak so i need to fill the tires every day before rides.

As I'm a newbie on tubulars I don't know if this is common with all tires or just the Corsa Evo? I purchased a Conti gatorskin as a comparison and they don't seem to be leaking so far. Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

oldskool1966 said:
just starting riding on tubulars and on several recommendations i purschased Vittoria Corsa Evo Cx.  they ride will but there are two problems: 1.  when pumping them, they leak air so takes a lot of effort to fill the tires 2.  they have a slow leak so i need to fill the tires every day before rides.   As I'm a newbie on tubulars I don't know if this is common with all tires or just the Corsa Evo?  I purchased a Conti gatorskin as a comparison and they don't seem to be leaking so far.  Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.  
My guess is that the reason you have difficulty pumping them up is that you're not getting a good seal between your pump head and the stem. As for having to pump them up every day, welcome to tubulars with latex tubes in side. I used Corsa EVO CX and KX tires, and they required pumping up every day. Other tubulars might hold pressure longer, but it really comes down to the thickness of the latex tube and the quality of the latex tube, as well as the uniformity of the tube. Continental tubulars seemed to hold air a bit better than Vittorias.

"2. they have a slow leak so i need to fill the tires every day before rides."

Latex tube. Mine lose 15-20 PSI in 24 hours.