Slowly going down.

dvnjhn

Aug 1, 2007
Yesterday, got up at 5.30am. Put mine and the Fiancees bikes on the roof rack of my car. Drove the 10 miles to my partners work and we chained our bikes out side the house she works in and drove home.

Went back up to meet her at 1430 only to discover that I had a puncture in my back tyre.

Fixed (well sort of) the puncture and started to cycle. After about 1 mile I realised that my tyre was going down slowly. We decided to go to the local bike shop and purchase a new innertube (plus the £50 odd squid my g/f decided she need for gloves etc).

That was that, got home changed the back innertube.

Got up for work this morning noticed the tyre was a bit flat, pumped the tyre back up and rode my 5.5 miles to work. Finished work and guess what completly flat back tyre (lucky I had a spare innertube). When changing the tube again (now this is Scotland and it is fooking freezing) noticed a big shard of glass roughly the same size as my hole from yesterday in my tire. LESSON LEARNED always check after a puncture for the damn reason.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

dvnjhn said:
Yesterday, got up at 5.30am. Put mine and the Fiancees bikes on the roof rack of my car. Drove the 10 miles to my partners work and we chained our bikes out side the house she works in and drove home.

Went back up to meet her at 1430 only to discover that I had a puncture in my back tyre.

Fixed (well sort of) the puncture and started to cycle. After about 1 mile I realised that my tyre was going down slowly. We decided to go to the local bike shop and purchase a new innertube (plus the £50 odd squid my g/f decided she need for gloves etc).

That was that, got home changed the back innertube.

Got up for work this morning noticed the tyre was a bit flat, pumped the tyre back up and rode my 5.5 miles to work. Finished work and guess what completly flat back tyre (lucky I had a spare innertube). When changing the tube again (now this is Scotland and it is fooking freezing) noticed a big shard of glass roughly the same size as my hole from yesterday in my tire. LESSON LEARNED always check after a puncture for the damn reason.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
You are lucky that you were not stranded anywhere. It is standard procedure to check the inside of the tire for whatever caused the flat exactly for what happened to you. At least you learned a lesson and perhaps your experience will help someone in the future:) .

I feel your pain, dvjhn:mad: . I've had several flats lately. The other day, I had two on one 30 mile ride. The first was a slow leak. After a 1 and a half mile descent, I was riding along and thought my bike was riding more comfortable than normal. A few minutes later, I found out why. when finally, I realized that my rear tire was going down. So I changed it and then about 15 miles later, I had a quick flat. I guess you could call it a blow out. I was adjacent to a bike trail so I walked it over to the bike path to commence the second tube change. I had two tubes with me because I've been having trouble with flatting, lately.

Your right though, you need to make sure that the tire and rim are free of debris. However, my second flat that day was a 5mm long slit on the rim side, close to the valve stem. I think that some how I installed the tube improperly adn had a weird pinch-flat.

have a good one and may you be flat free.

Also, my lbs only sells Pyramid tubes. I have had several slow leaks at the base of the valve stem with these tubes. Anybody, please give me a suggestion about some good tubes to buy on the internet.