SLR-440 Shimano

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Paul Westall, Jul 13, 2003.

  1. Paul Westall

    Paul Westall Guest

    The Shimano website now has shifters, SL-440, which are claimed to work with flat bars and regular
    (105, ultegra, etc) road drive trains. These same shifters are also supposed to work with the new
    FD-440 derailleurs. If the two derailleurs are different, how can the same shifters work on both?
    Can anyone tell their experiences with these shifters? Did they work as claimed? TIA Paul

    Tags:

  2. Rwm

    Rwm Guest

    I have the SL-440 shifters on two bikes. A Cannonade & and a Klein. Both bike have Ultegra
    everything else, with the exception of SRAM PC 89R chains. The shifters work great on both bikes and
    each has over 2,000 miles without a single problem.

    news:gymQa.4523$G%[email protected]...