Small arteries in my heart

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Don, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. Don

    Don Guest

    I had a heart catheterization which shows 2 blockages in one artery at 95%
    and 2 other blockages in 2 other separate arteries at 70%. The doctor says
    my arteries are too small for a successful bypass operation. But he didn't
    say what my other alternatives are.

    This catheterization was done in Charleston, West Virginia and I plan
    seeking a second opinion at the Cleveland Clinic. Good idea?

    What about other alternatives if a bypass is not possible?

    Don

    Tags:

  2. Don

    Don Guest

    PS... I am 61.

  3. "Don" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > I had a heart catheterization which shows 2 blockages in one artery at 95%
    > and 2 other blockages in 2 other separate arteries at 70%. The doctor says
    > my arteries are too small for a successful bypass operation. But he didn't
    > say what my other alternatives are.
    >
    > This catheterization was done in Charleston, West Virginia and I plan
    > seeking a second opinion at the Cleveland Clinic. Good idea?

    It's an Ok idea.

    > What about other alternatives if a bypass is not possible?

    There's always angioplasty probably without stenting.

    Another alternative is External CounterPulsation (or ECP).

    If you aren't crippled by symptoms, medical therapy alone is often sufficient.

    God Bless,

    Andrew

    --
    Dr. Andrew B. Chung, MD/PhD
    Board-Certified Cardiologist

  4. Don

    Don Guest

    Need for clarification:

    By medical therapy, are you referring to drug therapy or to physical therapy
    or both?

    Thanks,
    Don

    --
    A sorrow shared is cut in half, and a joy shared is doubled.
    news:[email protected]

  5. "Don" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Need for clarification:
    >
    > By medical therapy, are you referring to drug therapy or to physical therapy
    > or both?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Don

    Medications plus lifestyle changes. Physical therapy? No.

    Glad to help,

    Andrew