Small pot

On 8 Aug 2006 07:38:40 -0700, "sothach" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>D.M. Procida wrote:
>> bookieb <[email protected]> wrote:

[---]

>> OK, thanks, so long-distance rides for me then. Next question, how can I
>> tell the fat's burning off my belly?

[--]

>> Do I smell different or get a different taste in my mouth?

>Your wee-wee will smell funny

And you may have to "go" more often.

A.Lee wrote:

> Cycling is **** at burning calories.A hours ride is roughly equivalent
> to 15 minutes jogging.

God you must be some powerful jogger or a weedy cyclist: an hour of my
commute burns on average 800 to 900 kCals.

Not Responding wrote:
> Nick Kew wrote:
> > D.M. Procida wrote:
> > > In the last year or so it has become inescapably obvious to me that I
> > > have developed a small but unattractive pot-belly

> > Cherish it, and you can have a paunch of distinction.
> > That third course at lunchtime certainly helped with mine,
> > during my time in Italy with a rather decent staff canteen
> > at work.

> Ah yes. I remembered my 20 miles a day cycling but had forgotten my 40
> miles a day worth of eating. That would explain it all.

I was once at a talk given by two riders who had just finished the
Boston-Montréal-Boston ride-a qualifier for the Paris-Brest-Paris.
They apparently had stopped at every buffet restaurant on the route.
One rider reported gaining weight.

John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

Quoting John Kane <[email protected]>:
>I was once at a talk given by two riders who had just finished the
>Boston-Montr=E9al-Boston ride-a qualifier for the Paris-Brest-Paris.
>They apparently had stopped at every buffet restaurant on the route.
>One rider reported gaining weight.

We gained weight on the End to End; my stoker built some muscle mass, and
both of us stopped every evening and said BRING ME BIG PIES.
Today is Potmos, August.