small road frame

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Bicycle Repair, May 6, 2003.

  1. Im looking for a small road frame for my wife. If anyone has such a thing, send me an email. looking
    for something cheap. I really want to be sure that she wants a road bike before paying out for
    something decent.

    Tnx

    Tags:

  2. Velvet

    Velvet Guest

    "Bicycle repair man" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Im looking for a small road frame for my wife. If anyone has such a
    thing,
    > send me an email. looking for something cheap. I really want to be sure that she wants a road bike
    > before paying out for something decent.
    >
    > Tnx

    Can't help with the frame directly, but being short, and female, and having had a few trials with my
    (small) frame myself - don't just look at the bottom bracket to seat tube height, but also the top
    tube length. It makes loads of difference, I feel much happier on my bike now I've adjusted that
    somewhat, courtesy of a shorter-reach stem, smaller bars, etc. Would be even better if the top tube
    was a couple of inches shorter though.

    IMO if you're not sure she really wants a road bike, if you end up with a frame that's small enough
    to stand over, but too long on the top tube, she'll have a hard time getting used to it/liking it.
    Of course, this may be a good ploy, if you're after not spending dosh on a decent frame ;-)

    Velvet