small road frame

Bicycle Repair

Guest
Im looking for a small road frame for my wife. If anyone has such a thing, send me an email. looking
for something cheap. I really want to be sure that she wants a road bike before paying out for
something decent.

Tnx

"Bicycle repair man" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Im looking for a small road frame for my wife. If anyone has such a
thing,
> send me an email. looking for something cheap. I really want to be sure that she wants a road bike
> before paying out for something decent.
>
> Tnx

Can't help with the frame directly, but being short, and female, and having had a few trials with my
(small) frame myself - don't just look at the bottom bracket to seat tube height, but also the top
tube length. It makes loads of difference, I feel much happier on my bike now I've adjusted that
somewhat, courtesy of a shorter-reach stem, smaller bars, etc. Would be even better if the top tube
was a couple of inches shorter though.

IMO if you're not sure she really wants a road bike, if you end up with a frame that's small enough
to stand over, but too long on the top tube, she'll have a hard time getting used to it/liking it.
Of course, this may be a good ploy, if you're after not spending dosh on a decent frame ;-)

Velvet