Smaller helmet

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Calz, May 17, 2003.

  1. Calz

    Calz Guest

    Currently have a Specialized Enduro pro '01 which I find quite big, not in fit but in actual size
    and I'm looking for something smaller.

    Any ideas?

    --
    Steve

    Tags:

  2. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Calz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Currently have a Specialized Enduro pro '01 which I find quite big, not in fit but in actual size
    > and I'm looking for something smaller.

    Buy something smaller. HTH.

    Bill "either that or grow bigger shoulders" S.

  3. John Morgan

    John Morgan Guest

    "Calz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Currently have a Specialized Enduro pro '01 which I find quite big, not in fit but in actual size
    > and I'm looking for something smaller.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    True, all the Specialized Enduro helmets are way too big, especially in the back. I'm not a fan.

    Specialized Chamonix is a good helmet for $50, MUCH smaller design... the foam is slimmed down and
    is the smallest looking helmet I've seen...also has an in-molded shell.

    If you are looking for a different brand in the same price range, try a Giro Encinal or a Bell
    Influx. They are average sized helments with good features and lots of vents.

    -John Morgan

  4. Carla A-G

    Carla A-G Guest

    "Calz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Currently have a Specialized Enduro pro '01 which I find quite big, not in fit but in actual size
    > and I'm looking for something smaller.
    >
    > Any ideas?

    http://www.giro.com/

    - CA-G

    Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

  5. I actually wear a "youth-sized" helmet I bought at Walmart. Name brand, but I can't remember which.
    Looks good, fits good, and only cost $10 or $15.

  6. Paladin

    Paladin Guest

    "James Messick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I actually wear a "youth-sized" helmet I bought at Walmart. Name brand, but I can't remember
    > which. Looks good, fits good, and only cost $10 or $15.

    So did you leave the purple Barney decals on?? ;~D

    Paladin

  7. nah james - you THINK it looks good.....

    just kidding

    "James Messick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]... I actually wear a "youth-sized" helmet I
    bought at Walmart. Name brand, but I can't remember which. Looks good, fits good, and only cost
    $10 or $15.

  8. Swoosh

    Swoosh Guest

    "Calz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Currently have a Specialized Enduro pro '01 which I find quite big, not in fit but in actual size
    > and I'm looking for something smaller.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >

    > --
    > Steve

    I needed a new helmet and was going to get the Giro Havoc but ended up with the new Giro Encimal. I
    don't know what it is about the Havoc but the fit was not as comfortable and the Encimal is also
    smaller in dimension and quite light. Not sure about the ventilation as it is only starting to get
    warmer in my neck of the woods. The only negative is that the Encimal does not have full shell
    coverage which is probably why it's listed in the sport category.

    Good luck,

  9. Calz

    Calz Guest

    On Sat, 17 May 2003 15:10:08 +0100, Calz <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Currently have a Specialized Enduro pro '01 which I find quite big, not in fit but in actual size
    >and I'm looking for something smaller.
    >
    >Any ideas?

    Cheers all,

    The Giro Xen looks pretty nice, my local dealer does both Specialized and Giro so I'll pop in
    tomorrow see whats what :eek:)

    Steve

  10. Swoosh

    Swoosh Guest

    "Calz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Sat, 17 May 2003 15:10:08 +0100, Calz <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > The Giro Xen looks pretty nice, my local dealer does both Specialized and Giro so I'll pop in
    > tomorrow see whats what :eek:)
    >
    > Steve

    Real nice but $$$

  11. Calz

    Calz Guest

    On Sun, 18 May 2003 14:58:15 GMT, "Swoosh" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >> The Giro Xen looks pretty nice, my local dealer does both Specialized and Giro so I'll pop in
    >> tomorrow see whats what :eek:)
    >>
    >> Steve
    >
    >Real nice but $$$

    I'm a true fashion victim LOL

  12. "Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "James Messick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > I actually wear a "youth-sized" helmet I bought at Walmart. Name brand,
    but
    > > I can't remember which. Looks good, fits good, and only cost $10 or $15.
    >
    > So did you leave the purple Barney decals on?? ;~D
    >
    > Paladin

    Nah, none to speak of. Looks like every other helmet out there, pretty much.

  13. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "Calz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > On Sun, 18 May 2003 14:58:15 GMT, "Swoosh" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    > >> The Giro Xen looks pretty nice, my local dealer does both Specialized and Giro so I'll pop in
    > >> tomorrow see whats what :eek:)
    > >>
    > >> Steve
    > >
    > >Real nice but $$$
    > >

    > I'm a true fashion victim LOL

    true, but the people who rate helmets will probably love it. Round profile (no points to catch on
    things and either pull the helmet back or twist your neck around), pop-off visor, and a lot lower
    coverage than normal. Plus, its got a lot of venting (although the helmet raters will probably say
    they're too big and stuff can get in... oh well, I'd rather get a stick stuck in my helmet than get
    heat stroke!).

    Of course, Swoosh did hit the nail on the head. It ain't cheap!

    Jon Bond

  14. Superslinky

    Superslinky Guest

    Calz said...

    > I'm a true fashion victim LOL

    Why not save $120 and get a Bell X-Ray Pro from Nashbar. $40, 60% off. Good reviews, looks great.