Smaller helmet

Calz

Guest
Currently have a Specialized Enduro pro '01 which I find quite big, not in fit but in actual size
and I'm looking for something smaller.

Any ideas?

--
Steve

"Calz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Currently have a Specialized Enduro pro '01 which I find quite big, not in fit but in actual size
> and I'm looking for something smaller.

Buy something smaller. HTH.

Bill "either that or grow bigger shoulders" S.

"Calz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Currently have a Specialized Enduro pro '01 which I find quite big, not in fit but in actual size
> and I'm looking for something smaller.
>
> Any ideas?

True, all the Specialized Enduro helmets are way too big, especially in the back. I'm not a fan.

Specialized Chamonix is a good helmet for $50, MUCH smaller design... the foam is slimmed down and
is the smallest looking helmet I've seen...also has an in-molded shell.

If you are looking for a different brand in the same price range, try a Giro Encinal or a Bell
Influx. They are average sized helments with good features and lots of vents.

-John Morgan

"Calz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Currently have a Specialized Enduro pro '01 which I find quite big, not in fit but in actual size
> and I'm looking for something smaller.
>
> Any ideas?

http://www.giro.com/

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

I actually wear a "youth-sized" helmet I bought at Walmart. Name brand, but I can't remember which.
Looks good, fits good, and only cost $10 or $15.

"James Messick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> I actually wear a "youth-sized" helmet I bought at Walmart. Name brand, but I can't remember
> which. Looks good, fits good, and only cost $10 or $15.

So did you leave the purple Barney decals on?? ;~D

Paladin

nah james - you THINK it looks good.....

just kidding

"James Messick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]... I actually wear a "youth-sized" helmet I
bought at Walmart. Name brand, but I can't remember which. Looks good, fits good, and only cost
$10 or $15.

"Calz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Currently have a Specialized Enduro pro '01 which I find quite big, not in fit but in actual size
> and I'm looking for something smaller.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> --
> Steve

I needed a new helmet and was going to get the Giro Havoc but ended up with the new Giro Encimal. I
don't know what it is about the Havoc but the fit was not as comfortable and the Encimal is also
smaller in dimension and quite light. Not sure about the ventilation as it is only starting to get
warmer in my neck of the woods. The only negative is that the Encimal does not have full shell
coverage which is probably why it's listed in the sport category.

Good luck,

On Sat, 17 May 2003 15:10:08 +0100, Calz <[email protected]> wrote:

>Currently have a Specialized Enduro pro '01 which I find quite big, not in fit but in actual size
>and I'm looking for something smaller.
>
>Any ideas?

Cheers all,

The Giro Xen looks pretty nice, my local dealer does both Specialized and Giro so I'll pop in
tomorrow see whats what :eek:)

Steve

On Sun, 18 May 2003 14:58:15 GMT, "Swoosh" <[email protected]> wrote:

>> The Giro Xen looks pretty nice, my local dealer does both Specialized and Giro so I'll pop in
>> tomorrow see whats what :eek:)
>>
>> Steve
>
>Real nice but $$$

I'm a true fashion victim LOL

"Paladin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "James Messick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > I actually wear a "youth-sized" helmet I bought at Walmart. Name brand,
but
> > I can't remember which. Looks good, fits good, and only cost $10 or $15.
>
> So did you leave the purple Barney decals on?? ;~D
>
> Paladin

Nah, none to speak of. Looks like every other helmet out there, pretty much.

"Calz" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> On Sun, 18 May 2003 14:58:15 GMT, "Swoosh" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >> The Giro Xen looks pretty nice, my local dealer does both Specialized and Giro so I'll pop in
> >> tomorrow see whats what :eek:)
> >>
> >> Steve
> >
> >Real nice but $$$
> >

> I'm a true fashion victim LOL

true, but the people who rate helmets will probably love it. Round profile (no points to catch on
things and either pull the helmet back or twist your neck around), pop-off visor, and a lot lower
coverage than normal. Plus, its got a lot of venting (although the helmet raters will probably say
they're too big and stuff can get in... oh well, I'd rather get a stick stuck in my helmet than get
heat stroke!).

Of course, Swoosh did hit the nail on the head. It ain't cheap!

Jon Bond

Calz said...

> I'm a true fashion victim LOL

Why not save $120 and get a Bell X-Ray Pro from Nashbar. $40, 60% off. Good reviews, looks great.