Smart rear lamp hackery

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Doki, Jul 25, 2004.

  1. Doki

    Doki Guest

    Has anyone had one of these to bits and swapped the LEDs for brighter ones?
    I've noticed that the LEDs in this are nowhere near as bright as the LED in
    my cateye lamp, though the cateye runs off 3 AAAs, so are probably running
    at a daft voltage.

    Tags:

  2. On Sun, 25 Jul 2004 12:33:39 +0100, Doki wrote:

    > Has anyone had one of these to bits and swapped the LEDs for brighter ones?

    Not thus far. Be careful to get replacement LEDs with the same beam angle,
    if you do.

    > I've noticed that the LEDs in this are nowhere near as bright as the LED in
    > my cateye lamp, though the cateye runs off 3 AAAs, so are probably running
    > at a daft voltage.

    Are they both red lamps? Mostly the front LED lamps use 4.5V because
    blue/white LEDs work on a higher voltage than red LEDs.

    Does your Cateye lamp have an inductor (coil of wire) anywhere in the
    circuit BTW?

    My new(ish) cateye has just started playing up :( and the shop has just
    closed :((.

    AC