SMH Heckler: Little feet and spinning wheels: never the twain should meet

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by cfsmtb, Aug 5, 2007.

  1. cfsmtb

    cfsmtb New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2003
    Messages:
    4,963
    Amusing, insightful article from SMH's Heckler, this is a section for readers submissions:

    SMH: Little feet and spinning wheels: never the twain should meet
    http://www.smh.com.au/news/heckler/little-feet-and-spinning-wheels/2007/08/05/1186252542317.html

    " .. I'm a transport trilinguist. I speak motorist, cyclist and pedestrian with equal fluency. I don't feel any sense of "us and them" with any group because I belong to them all. I do feel differing degrees of pride and shame within each group, however.

    I'm most proud of my fellow cyclists and most ashamed of my fellow pedestrians. How can that be? All we pedestrians ask is a little respect from cyclists when they share our paths. Translation: let us use the path however we please and none of your damned impertinence. .."

    (more in article)

    Tags:

  2. Campag

    Campag Guest

    On Aug 6, 10:40 am, cfsmtb <[email protected]
    mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
    > Amusing, insightful article from SMH's Heckler, this is a section for
    > readers submissions:
    >
    > SMH: Little feet and spinning wheels: never the twain should meethttp://www.smh.com.au/news/heckler/little-feet-and-spinning-wheels/20...
    >
    > " .. I'm a transport trilinguist. I speak motorist, cyclist and
    > pedestrian with equal fluency. I don't feel any sense of "us and them"
    > with any group because I belong to them all. I do feel differing
    > degrees of pride and shame within each group, however.
    >
    > I'm most proud of my fellow cyclists and most ashamed of my fellow
    > pedestrians. How can that be? All we pedestrians ask is a little
    > respect from cyclists when they share our paths. Translation: let us
    > use the path however we please and none of your damned impertinence.
    > .."
    >
    > (more in article)
    >
    > --
    > cfsmtb

    I expect to slow down for dogs: dogs are programmed to get in the way.
    I know, we own one; and they can't read.

    ROFLMAO

  3. PiledHigher

    PiledHigher Guest

    On Aug 6, 12:43 pm, Campag <[email protected]> wrote:
    > On Aug 6, 10:40 am, cfsmtb <[email protected]
    >

    > mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
    > > Amusing, insightful article from SMH's Heckler, this is a section for
    > > readers submissions:

    > > SMH: Little feet and spinning wheels: never the twain should meethttp://www.smh.com.au/news/heckler/little-feet-and-spinning-wheels/20...

    > > " .. I'm a transport trilinguist. I speak motorist, cyclist and
    > > pedestrian with equal fluency. I don't feel any sense of "us and them"
    > > with any group because I belong to them all. I do feel differing
    > > degrees of pride and shame within each group, however.

    > > I'm most proud of my fellow cyclists and most ashamed of my fellow
    > > pedestrians. How can that be? All we pedestrians ask is a little
    > > respect from cyclists when they share our paths. Translation: let us
    > > use the path however we please and none of your damned impertinence.
    > > .."

    > > (more in article)

    > > --
    > > cfsmtb

    > I expect to slow down for dogs: dogs are programmed to get in the way.
    > I know, we own one; and they can't read.
    >
    > ROFLMAO- Hide quoted text -

    Of course the owner on the end of the leash is supposed to be able to
    read.

    You know that a dog can't be off lead within 5m of a shared path,
    right? Shame that most owners don't!

  4. Resound

    Resound Guest

    > I expect to slow down for dogs: dogs are programmed to get in the way.
    > I know, we own one; and they can't read.
    >
    > ROFLMAO

    Actually, I usually find that dogs notice me and clearly think something
    along the lines of "Big fast thing, better move.". Their owners aren't
    usually anywhere as observant of clever.

  5. MikeyOz

    MikeyOz New Member

    Joined:
    Aug 12, 2003
    Except for the French "SCUD" dogs that used when the Tour De France is on :)