Smith Googles and Neoprene Face Mask

After nearly year round commuting for 8 years (short time away in
2001), I borrowed the skier's solution to keeping my face warm. I use
a scull cap (under my helmet) for the top of my head, a neoprene face
mask for my face from the nose down and a pair of Smith ski googles.
It was in the upper 20's F this AM during my commute. This combination
kept my face warm and the googles fog free! And for the those with
doubts about fairings, forget the speed benefits of using a fairing,
the cold weather benefits of using a fairing are the best!

Jim Reilly
Reading, PA

[email protected] wrote:
> After nearly year round commuting for 8 years (short time away in
> 2001), I borrowed the skier's solution to keeping my face warm. I use
> a scull cap (under my helmet) for the top of my head, a neoprene face
> mask for my face from the nose down and a pair of Smith ski googles.
> It was in the upper 20's F this AM during my commute. This combination
> kept my face warm and the

I'd been considering that, in my old age (34 going on 80). The face
mask, anyway -- my eyes don't bother me, and I never understood the
point of a cap: don't people grow head-hair anymore?

> googles

I hate memes and meme-like phenomena!

> fog free! And for the those with
> doubts about fairings, forget the speed benefits of using a fairing,
> the cold weather benefits of using a fairing are the best!

Cool! I mean, toasty!

Though for me, it's only the extremities that annoy; I always break a
sweat within eight minutes!

See <http://www.smithsport.com/products/snowgoggle/index.html>.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley (For a bit)

NYC XYZ wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:

>> The face mask, anyway -- my eyes don't bother me, and I never understood the
>> point of a cap: don't people grow head-hair anymore?

> > Jim Reilly
> > Reading, PA

I have hair, only its about 1/4 inch long. The good news is that I
don't get hat-hair when I wear a skull cap.

BTW, I went on a 33-mile ride yesterday. The temperature when we
started was about 31F. As soon as we left the parking lot, I regretted
leaving my goggles in the car, because my eyes started watering like
crazy.