Smoking age of 21 in NY?

danfoz

Apr 12, 2011
So NY is proposing raising the legal smoking age to 21. Juxtapose that with 18 being the lawful age for enlistment in the military. I'm pretty sure if I was tasked to kill someone I might need a smoke afterward... and possibly a stiff drink.

Of course it is two different jurisdictions , one is federal and one is state. The way I see it smoking and the military both cost the taxpayer.

True, but I try not to let technicalities get in the way of a good rant. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

Originally Posted by danfoz .

So NY is proposing raising the legal smoking age to 21. Juxtapose that with 18 being the lawful age for enlistment in the military. I'm pretty sure if I was tasked to kill someone I might need a smoke afterward... and possibly a stiff drink.
You would need one because of the smell in the army. Cigarettes reduce your ability to smell so you dont throw up as much. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/cool.gif

They are also meaningful in having something to do when endlessly watching a concrete slab day and night day after day after day after day...

Damn I need a therapist... and a drink... and a cigarette... and a h^^ker... I need to forget... /img/vbsmilies/smilies/mad.gif

jhuskey said:
Of course it is two different jurisdictions , one is federal and one is state. The way I see it smoking and the military both cost the taxpayer.
That is the nutshell and the contents enclosed.