Smooth Mover: bicycle with electronic gearchange and adaptive suspension

In article
<[email protected].
net>,
Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article
> <[email protected]>,
> Chalo <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Qui si parla Campagnolo wrote:

> > > or
> > >
> > > http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/2007/sept/1/TomWaggener.htm

> > Lemme guess--
> >
> > Intentionally goofy-looking bikes of questionable usefulness?
> >
> > I'm game. See a few of mine at http://chalo.org.

> Good stuff. Chair bike is an obvious winner.

Chalo, if you installed a lawn chair,
you could have a recumbent tricycle.

--
Michael Press

Michael Press wrote:

> > Good stuff. Chair bike is an obvious winner.

> Chalo, if you installed a lawn chair,
> you could have a recumbent tricycle.

Although I didn't say so in the description, that trike/sidecar was
originally indented to be a sociable tandem. If you look at the
picture that shows the underside, you'll see the hole in the frame
that was intended to have another seat tube pierced through it. That
second seat tube was to be semi-recumbent, with an inclination of
about 60 degrees.

The first chair that was attached to Chair Bike was a folding lounge
chair (like http://tinyurl.com/2d2zay ) that I screwed to the deck to
haul an injured clubmate from Dead Baby Bikes. Since that chair was
in a basically reclined position to begin with, then tilted back 20
degrees, I don't know how to characterize it other than recumbent.

Also note that my Big Wheel is both a fixie (height of fashion) and a
recumbent delta trike (depth of fashion) at the same time.

Chalo