Snap goes the GT

Na

Guest
Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still broken lol! I'm sure some of you
are already busting a gut and thinking "I told you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't
already know the answer). BTW, this is after getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my
HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a good night.

http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015

Shaun Bell

"NA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still broken lol! I'm sure some of you
> are already busting a gut and thinking "I told you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't
> already know the answer). BTW, this is after getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my
> HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a good night.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015

Shaun Bell

And that's exactly where the DHi's have been snapping. Actually, I'm pretty surprised you've made
this long. Just shows how smooth you are....at least most of the time ;^ 0

Not sure, but I don't know if Pacific has addressed this issue yet with the new models.

You need a DHR you freak!

And does your wife know you're back on the DHi??
--
Slacker

"NA" <[email protected]>

Who's NA and why did I respond to myself 2 times! D'oh, now the computer's going south! Sorry about
the mess, all fixed now.

Shaun Bell

> And that's exactly where the DHi's have been snapping. Actually, I'm
pretty surprised you've made this long. Just shows how smooth
> you are....at least most of the time ;^ 0
>
> Not sure, but I don't know if Pacific has addressed this issue yet with
the new models.

> You need a DHR you freak!
>
> And does your wife know you're back on the DHi??

I told her anything under 9" is too hard on my back lol, getting old and all. She seems to buy it
for now. What's a DHR?

Shaun Bell

http://www.turnerbikes.com/ if you snap one of those you might as well take-up badminton or golf
--
Slacker

"NA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still broken lol! I'm sure some of you
> are already busting a gut and thinking "I told you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't
> already know the answer). BTW, this is after getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my
> HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a good night.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015

I see what the problem is: your frame had a HUMONGOUS tumor right behind the bottom bracket!

Bill "see other post for 'bulb in bush' comment" S.

> "NA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> > Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still
broken
> > lol! I'm sure some of you are already busting a gut and thinking "I
told
> > you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't already know the answer). BTW, this is after
> > getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a
> > good night.
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015
>
> Shaun Bell
>

> And that's exactly where the DHi's have been snapping. Actually, I'm
pretty surprised you've made this long. Just shows how smooth
> you are....at least most of the time ;^ 0
>
> Not sure, but I don't know if Pacific has addressed this issue yet with
the new models.

> You need a DHR you freak!
>
> And does your wife know you're back on the DHi??

I think she's more concerned with his HID bulb and why it was in bush.

Bill "you know Rimmer would've said something if I hadn't" S.

news:D[email protected]...
> "Shaun Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...

> > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > And that's exactly where the DHi's have been snapping. Actually, I'm
> > pretty surprised you've made this long. Just shows how smooth
> > > you are....at least most of the time ;^ 0
> > >
> > > Not sure, but I don't know if Pacific has addressed this issue yet
with
> > the new models.
> > >
> > > You need a DHR you freak!
> > >
> > > And does your wife know you're back on the DHi??
> >

> > I told her anything under 9" is too hard on my back lol, getting old and all. She seems to buy
> > it for now. What's a DHR?
> >
> > Shaun Bell
>

> http://www.turnerbikes.com/ if you snap one of those you might as well
take-up badminton or golf
> --
> Slacker

Don't kid yourself. I've seen Karpiels reduced to mush. I'm sure the DHR is plenty tough, but
nothing is indestructible. The one thing you'll have however that Shaun and I don't is a warranty...

My condolences on your loss Shaun. ;^)

What's the rear hub spacing on the DHR, Slacker? If it's 150mm you may be in luck Shaun. The only
other one I know of is the Azonic Recoil frame.

Mike

> > > pretty surprised you've made this long. Just shows how smooth

> with
> > > the new models.

> > > I told her anything under 9" is too hard on my back lol, getting old and all. She seems to buy
> > > it for now. What's a DHR?
> > >
> > > Shaun Bell
> >

> > http://www.turnerbikes.com/ if you snap one of those you might as well
> take-up badminton or golf
> > --
> > Slacker
> >

> Don't kid yourself. I've seen Karpiels reduced to mush. I'm sure the DHR is plenty tough, but
> nothing is indestructible. The one thing you'll have however that Shaun and I don't is a
> warranty...
>
> My condolences on your loss Shaun. ;^)
>
> What's the rear hub spacing on the DHR, Slacker? If it's 150mm you may be in luck Shaun. The only
> other one I know of is the Azonic Recoil frame.
>
> Mike

I believe the DHR's run a 135mm x 20mm rear.

I was only half joking, but seriously I've never heard of a busted DHR, just ovalized HT on the
early models. I'm sure it's happened though.
--
Slacker

> I believe the DHR's run a 135mm x 20mm rear.

errr...make that 12mm, but i'm not really sure?? Pretty sure of the 135 width though

Sorni <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > "NA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > > Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still
> broken
> > > lol! I'm sure some of you are already busting a gut and thinking "I
> told
> > > you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't already know the answer). BTW, this is
> > > after getting a flat, missing the group ride
and
> > > blowing my HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a good night.
> > >
> > > http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015
> >
> > Shaun Bell
> >

> > And that's exactly where the DHi's have been snapping. Actually, I'm
> pretty surprised you've made this long. Just shows how smooth
> > you are....at least most of the time ;^ 0
> >
> > Not sure, but I don't know if Pacific has addressed this issue yet with
> the new models.
> >
> > You need a DHR you freak!
> >
> > And does your wife know you're back on the DHi??
>
> I think she's more concerned with his HID bulb and why it was in bush.
>
> Bill "you know Rimmer would've said something if I hadn't" S.

Don't know what sorta fish you think you'll catch by casting aspersions Sorni ',;~P~

Shaun aRe - More class than that....

"NA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still broken lol! I'm sure some of you
> are already busting a gut and thinking "I told you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't
> already know the answer). BTW, this is after getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my
> HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a good night.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015

As Nelson Muntz says, "Ha Haaaa"

JD

news:%[email protected]...
I'm

> > with

> > > http://www.turnerbikes.com/ if you snap one of those you might as
well
> > take-up badminton or golf
> > > --
> > > Slacker
> > >

> > Don't kid yourself. I've seen Karpiels reduced to mush. I'm sure the
DHR
> > is plenty tough, but nothing is indestructible. The one thing you'll
have
> > however that Shaun and I don't is a warranty...
> >
> > My condolences on your loss Shaun. ;^)
> >
> > What's the rear hub spacing on the DHR, Slacker? If it's 150mm you may
be
> > in luck Shaun. The only other one I know of is the Azonic Recoil frame.
> >
> > Mike
>

> I believe the DHR's run a 135mm x 20mm rear.
>
> I was only half joking, but seriously I've never heard of a busted DHR,
just ovalized HT on the early models. I'm sure it's
> happened though.
> --
> Slacker

I knew you were. I'm the one who came off all serious and ****. Where'd that come from? Sheesh.

Mike - it's been cold and raining here 'all' week...must...get...out...and....RIDE!!!!!
Arrrrrrrgh!!!!!

> "NA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> > Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still
broken
> > lol! I'm sure some of you are already busting a gut and thinking "I
told
> > you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't already know the answer). BTW, this is after
> > getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a
> > good night.
> >
> > http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015
>
> As Nelson Muntz says, "Ha Haaaa"
>
> JD

That's my dad's shooting car, three more payments and it's ours.

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:49:45 GMT, "NA" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still broken lol! I'm sure some of you
>are already busting a gut and thinking "I told you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't
>already know the answer). BTW, this is after getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my
>HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a good night.
>
>http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015
>
>Shaun Bell

Whatsitsay on that sticker there ? Ultra light ? More questions ?

Peter R., still waiting for his C'Dale to break.....

P.S. darn shame, though

"NA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still broken lol! I'm sure some of you
> are already busting a gut and thinking "I told you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't
> already know the answer). BTW, this is after getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my
> HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a good night.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015
>
> Shaun Bell

Now that is some iffy welding. Or maybe it's some iffy PWHT.

Andy Chequer

"NA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still broken lol! I'm sure some of you
> are already busting a gut and thinking "I told you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't
> already know the answer). BTW, this is after getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my
> HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a good night.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015
>
> Shaun Bell

That sucks. I broke my GTi recently, in the same spot. GT was really great about it, though. After
just a few weeks, I received a whole new bike:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005UK8E/103-1312821-5239064?v=glance&s=toys&me=A3U-
N6WX5RRO2AG&vi=pictures&img=14#more-pictures

/s

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:49:45 GMT, "NA" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Just riding along and snap!

D'oh!

>http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015
>
>Shaun Bell

Shaun's definition of "just riding along"

...well I did the 10 foot drop off the top of a double wide trailer to get warmed up. (stuck the
landing, piece of cake!)

So I decided to trying something a bit more challenging. Hey, is that Mt Rushmore?.....

Just riding along....my @ss!

Glad to hear you're back at it!

:-]

"NA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still broken lol! I'm sure some of you
> are already busting a gut and thinking "I told you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't
> already know the answer). BTW, this is after getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my
> HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a good night.
>
> http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015
>
> Shaun Bell

Don't write Pacific off so quickly, I had a Schwinn 4 Banger with a cracked weld replaced a while
back and they handled it well, except the bike was discontinued and they didn't have any left in my
size. They offered a Rocket 88 or a smaller sized 4Banger (which I accepted and sold to a neighbor).
All in all, the transaction was handled quickly and professionally.