Snap goes the GT

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Na, Apr 10, 2003.

  1. Na

    Na Guest

    Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still broken lol! I'm sure some of you
    are already busting a gut and thinking "I told you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't
    already know the answer). BTW, this is after getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my
    HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a good night.

    http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015

    Shaun Bell

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    "NA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still broken lol! I'm sure some of you
    > are already busting a gut and thinking "I told you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't
    > already know the answer). BTW, this is after getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my
    > HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a good night.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015

    Shaun Bell

    And that's exactly where the DHi's have been snapping. Actually, I'm pretty surprised you've made
    this long. Just shows how smooth you are....at least most of the time ;^ 0

    Not sure, but I don't know if Pacific has addressed this issue yet with the new models.

    You need a DHR you freak!

    And does your wife know you're back on the DHi??
    --
    Slacker

  3. Shaun Bell

    Shaun Bell Guest

    "NA" <[email protected]>

    Who's NA and why did I respond to myself 2 times! D'oh, now the computer's going south! Sorry about
    the mess, all fixed now.

    Shaun Bell

  4. Shaun Bell

    Shaun Bell Guest

    > And that's exactly where the DHi's have been snapping. Actually, I'm
    pretty surprised you've made this long. Just shows how smooth
    > you are....at least most of the time ;^ 0
    >
    > Not sure, but I don't know if Pacific has addressed this issue yet with
    the new models.

    > You need a DHR you freak!
    >
    > And does your wife know you're back on the DHi??

    I told her anything under 9" is too hard on my back lol, getting old and all. She seems to buy it
    for now. What's a DHR?

    Shaun Bell

  5. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    http://www.turnerbikes.com/ if you snap one of those you might as well take-up badminton or golf
    --
    Slacker

  6. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "NA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still broken lol! I'm sure some of you
    > are already busting a gut and thinking "I told you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't
    > already know the answer). BTW, this is after getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my
    > HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a good night.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015

    I see what the problem is: your frame had a HUMONGOUS tumor right behind the bottom bracket!

    Bill "see other post for 'bulb in bush' comment" S.

  7. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    > "NA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > > Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still
    broken
    > > lol! I'm sure some of you are already busting a gut and thinking "I
    told
    > > you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't already know the answer). BTW, this is after
    > > getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a
    > > good night.
    > >
    > > http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015
    >
    > Shaun Bell
    >

    > And that's exactly where the DHi's have been snapping. Actually, I'm
    pretty surprised you've made this long. Just shows how smooth
    > you are....at least most of the time ;^ 0
    >
    > Not sure, but I don't know if Pacific has addressed this issue yet with
    the new models.

    > You need a DHR you freak!
    >
    > And does your wife know you're back on the DHi??

    I think she's more concerned with his HID bulb and why it was in bush.

    Bill "you know Rimmer would've said something if I hadn't" S.

  8. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    news:D[email protected]...
    > "Shaun Bell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...

    > > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]...
    > > > And that's exactly where the DHi's have been snapping. Actually, I'm
    > > pretty surprised you've made this long. Just shows how smooth
    > > > you are....at least most of the time ;^ 0
    > > >
    > > > Not sure, but I don't know if Pacific has addressed this issue yet
    with
    > > the new models.
    > > >
    > > > You need a DHR you freak!
    > > >
    > > > And does your wife know you're back on the DHi??
    > >

    > > I told her anything under 9" is too hard on my back lol, getting old and all. She seems to buy
    > > it for now. What's a DHR?
    > >
    > > Shaun Bell
    >

    > http://www.turnerbikes.com/ if you snap one of those you might as well
    take-up badminton or golf
    > --
    > Slacker

    Don't kid yourself. I've seen Karpiels reduced to mush. I'm sure the DHR is plenty tough, but
    nothing is indestructible. The one thing you'll have however that Shaun and I don't is a warranty...

    My condolences on your loss Shaun. ;^)

    What's the rear hub spacing on the DHR, Slacker? If it's 150mm you may be in luck Shaun. The only
    other one I know of is the Azonic Recoil frame.

    Mike

  9. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > > > pretty surprised you've made this long. Just shows how smooth

    > with
    > > > the new models.

    > > > I told her anything under 9" is too hard on my back lol, getting old and all. She seems to buy
    > > > it for now. What's a DHR?
    > > >
    > > > Shaun Bell
    > >

    > > http://www.turnerbikes.com/ if you snap one of those you might as well
    > take-up badminton or golf
    > > --
    > > Slacker
    > >

    > Don't kid yourself. I've seen Karpiels reduced to mush. I'm sure the DHR is plenty tough, but
    > nothing is indestructible. The one thing you'll have however that Shaun and I don't is a
    > warranty...
    >
    > My condolences on your loss Shaun. ;^)
    >
    > What's the rear hub spacing on the DHR, Slacker? If it's 150mm you may be in luck Shaun. The only
    > other one I know of is the Azonic Recoil frame.
    >
    > Mike

    I believe the DHR's run a 135mm x 20mm rear.

    I was only half joking, but seriously I've never heard of a busted DHR, just ovalized HT on the
    early models. I'm sure it's happened though.
    --
    Slacker

  10. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    > I believe the DHR's run a 135mm x 20mm rear.

    errr...make that 12mm, but i'm not really sure?? Pretty sure of the 135 width though

  11. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Sorni <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Slacker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > "NA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > > Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still
    > broken
    > > > lol! I'm sure some of you are already busting a gut and thinking "I
    > told
    > > > you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't already know the answer). BTW, this is
    > > > after getting a flat, missing the group ride
    and
    > > > blowing my HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a good night.
    > > >
    > > > http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015
    > >
    > > Shaun Bell
    > >

    > > And that's exactly where the DHi's have been snapping. Actually, I'm
    > pretty surprised you've made this long. Just shows how smooth
    > > you are....at least most of the time ;^ 0
    > >
    > > Not sure, but I don't know if Pacific has addressed this issue yet with
    > the new models.
    > >
    > > You need a DHR you freak!
    > >
    > > And does your wife know you're back on the DHi??
    >
    > I think she's more concerned with his HID bulb and why it was in bush.
    >
    > Bill "you know Rimmer would've said something if I hadn't" S.

    Don't know what sorta fish you think you'll catch by casting aspersions Sorni ',;~P~

    Shaun aRe - More class than that....

  12. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "NA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still broken lol! I'm sure some of you
    > are already busting a gut and thinking "I told you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't
    > already know the answer). BTW, this is after getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my
    > HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a good night.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015

    As Nelson Muntz says, "Ha Haaaa"

    JD

  13. Michael Dart

    Michael Dart Guest

    news:%[email protected]...
    I'm

    > > with

    > > > http://www.turnerbikes.com/ if you snap one of those you might as
    well
    > > take-up badminton or golf
    > > > --
    > > > Slacker
    > > >

    > > Don't kid yourself. I've seen Karpiels reduced to mush. I'm sure the
    DHR
    > > is plenty tough, but nothing is indestructible. The one thing you'll
    have
    > > however that Shaun and I don't is a warranty...
    > >
    > > My condolences on your loss Shaun. ;^)
    > >
    > > What's the rear hub spacing on the DHR, Slacker? If it's 150mm you may
    be
    > > in luck Shaun. The only other one I know of is the Azonic Recoil frame.
    > >
    > > Mike
    >

    > I believe the DHR's run a 135mm x 20mm rear.
    >
    > I was only half joking, but seriously I've never heard of a busted DHR,
    just ovalized HT on the early models. I'm sure it's
    > happened though.
    > --
    > Slacker

    I knew you were. I'm the one who came off all serious and shit. Where'd that come from? Sheesh.

    Mike - it's been cold and raining here 'all' week...must...get...out...and....RIDE!!!!!
    Arrrrrrrgh!!!!!

  14. L Hays

    L Hays Guest

    > "NA" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still
    broken
    > > lol! I'm sure some of you are already busting a gut and thinking "I
    told
    > > you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't already know the answer). BTW, this is after
    > > getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a
    > > good night.
    > >
    > > http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015
    >
    > As Nelson Muntz says, "Ha Haaaa"
    >
    > JD

    That's my dad's shooting car, three more payments and it's ours.

  15. Peter R .

    Peter R . Guest

    On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:49:45 GMT, "NA" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still broken lol! I'm sure some of you
    >are already busting a gut and thinking "I told you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't
    >already know the answer). BTW, this is after getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my
    >HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a good night.
    >
    >http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015
    >
    >Shaun Bell

    Whatsitsay on that sticker there ? Ultra light ? More questions ?

    Peter R., still waiting for his C'Dale to break.....

    P.S. darn shame, though

  16. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "NA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still broken lol! I'm sure some of you
    > are already busting a gut and thinking "I told you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't
    > already know the answer). BTW, this is after getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my
    > HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a good night.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015
    >
    > Shaun Bell

    Now that is some iffy welding. Or maybe it's some iffy PWHT.

    Andy Chequer

  17. Supabonbon

    Supabonbon Guest

    "NA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still broken lol! I'm sure some of you
    > are already busting a gut and thinking "I told you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't
    > already know the answer). BTW, this is after getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my
    > HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a good night.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015
    >
    > Shaun Bell

    That sucks. I broke my GTi recently, in the same spot. GT was really great about it, though. After
    just a few weeks, I received a whole new bike:

    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005UK8E/103-1312821-5239064?v=glance&s=toys&me=A3U-
    N6WX5RRO2AG&vi=pictures&img=14#more-pictures

    /s

  18. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 23:49:45 GMT, "NA" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Just riding along and snap!

    D'oh!

    >http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015
    >
    >Shaun Bell

    Shaun's definition of "just riding along"

    ...well I did the 10 foot drop off the top of a double wide trailer to get warmed up. (stuck the
    landing, piece of cake!)

    So I decided to trying something a bit more challenging. Hey, is that Mt Rushmore?.....

    Just riding along....my @ss!

    Glad to hear you're back at it!

    :-]

  19. "NA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Just riding along and snap! Well, maybe not "just" but it's still broken lol! I'm sure some of you
    > are already busting a gut and thinking "I told you". Let's see what Pacific does now (like I don't
    > already know the answer). BTW, this is after getting a flat, missing the group ride and blowing my
    > HID bulb out in the middle of bush! Not a good night.
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/image/15319015
    >
    > Shaun Bell

    Don't write Pacific off so quickly, I had a Schwinn 4 Banger with a cracked weld replaced a while
    back and they handled it well, except the bike was discontinued and they didn't have any left in my
    size. They offered a Rocket 88 or a smaller sized 4Banger (which I accepted and sold to a neighbor).
    All in all, the transaction was handled quickly and professionally.