snapping spokes or sniping spooks, who's afraid of the big bad wolf?

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Trevor Jeffrey, Jul 31, 2004.

  1. I see that Tim McNamara has taken his usual stance defending Jobst
    Brandt with his infinitely detrimental banalysis, and of accusing others of
    the very attacking verbiage he himself is using. I do not see that there is
    anything of JB's work describing a wheel etc. that needs to be disproved as
    no proof of his description has been made. It is just plainly incorrect. I
    wonder if the two mentioned are very personal friends.
    TJ

    Tags:

  2. Tim McNamara

    Tim McNamara Guest

    "Trevor Jeffrey" <[email protected]> writes:

    > I see that Tim McNamara has taken his usual stance defending Jobst
    > Brandt with his infinitely detrimental banalysis, and of accusing
    > others of the very attacking verbiage he himself is using. I do not
    > see that there is anything of JB's work describing a wheel etc. that
    > needs to be disproved as no proof of his description has been made.
    > It is just plainly incorrect.

    Ah, Trevor, it *does* seem like old times. I see you're still
    spouting your old waffle about wheels, and it isn't any more accurate
    than last time. Are we going to debate whether wheels hang from the
    upper spokes or stand on the lower spokes again?

    > I wonder if the two mentioned are very personal friends.

    I live 2000 miles away from Jobst and have never met him. Given that
    Jobst whacks me upside the head with regularity when I post something
    he thinks is incorrect, just as he does with everyone else, I think
    your question is answered. I disagree with him on a number of topics,
    but wheels aren't one of them. His qualitative and quantitative
    analysis has convinced me. It took a few years of arguing with him in
    rec.bikes.tech for me to actually understand the model- a mechanical
    engineer would have gotten it in 5 minutes or less.

  3. Werehatrack

    Werehatrack Guest

    On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 20:19:41 -0500, Tim McNamara
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I live 2000 miles away from Jobst and have never met him. Given that
    >Jobst whacks me upside the head with regularity when I post something
    >he thinks is incorrect, just as he does with everyone else, I think
    >your question is answered. I disagree with him on a number of topics,
    >but wheels aren't one of them. His qualitative and quantitative
    >analysis has convinced me. It took a few years of arguing with him in
    >rec.bikes.tech for me to actually understand the model- a mechanical
    >engineer would have gotten it in 5 minutes or less.

    And apparently your trollish critic still hasn't gotten it. Eh,
    that's his problem, his post came close enough to pegging my
    plonkometer that I won't be seeing his responses.
    --
    Typoes are a feature, not a bug.

  4. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
    Read my posts, build a wheel out of the cheapest materials using my
    preferred method, and ride it over the roughest terrain you can manage
    without killing yourself. You will spend less time overall than your
    constant unfounded criticisms.
    TJ

    Tim McNamara wrote in message ...

    >Ah, Trevor, it *does* seem like old times. I see you're still
    >spouting your old waffle about wheels, and it isn't any more accurate
    >than last time. Are we going to debate whether wheels hang from the
    >upper spokes or stand on the lower spokes again?
    >
    >> I wonder if the two mentioned are very personal friends.

    >I live 2000 miles away from Jobst and have never met him. Given that
    >Jobst whacks me upside the head with regularity when I post something
    >he thinks is incorrect, just as he does with everyone else, I think
    >your question is answered. I disagree with him on a number of topics,
    >but wheels aren't one of them. His qualitative and quantitative
    >analysis has convinced me. It took a few years of arguing with him in
    >rec.bikes.tech for me to actually understand the model- a mechanical
    >engineer would have gotten it in 5 minutes or less.

  5. The troll had the desired effect in prompting a reserved and lucid
    response in the public domain. Previous discussion with T.Mc have not shown
    the disagreements with JB that he claims. I can only conclude that T.Mc
    avoids argument with JB
    Ignoring a poster on the basis of one posting is a blinkered view.
    Ignorance is folly in a discussion group.
    TJ

    Werehatrack wrote in message ...
    >And apparently your trollish critic still hasn't gotten it. Eh,
    >that's his problem, his post came close enough to pegging my
    >plonkometer that I won't be seeing his responses.

  6. Peter Cole

    Peter Cole Guest

    "Trevor Jeffrey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
    > Read my posts, build a wheel out of the cheapest materials using my
    > preferred method, and ride it over the roughest terrain you can manage
    > without killing yourself. You will spend less time overall than your
    > constant unfounded criticisms.
    > TJ

    When shall we expect your book?

  7. Peter Cole wrote in message <[email protected]_s04>...
    >"Trevor Jeffrey" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]
    >> The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
    >> Read my posts, build a wheel out of the cheapest materials using my
    >> preferred method, and ride it over the roughest terrain you can manage
    >> without killing yourself. You will spend less time overall than your
    >> constant unfounded criticisms.
    >> TJ

    >When shall we expect your book?

    I must refer you to id Todd Bryan, as I've asked him to investigate the
    feasibility of such an item.
    TJ

  8. TBGibb

    TBGibb Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Trevor Jeffrey"
    <[email protected]> writes:

    > I see that Tim McNamara has taken his usual stance defending Jobst
    >Brandt with his infinitely detrimental banalysis, and of accusing others of
    >the very attacking verbiage he himself is using. I do not see that there is
    >anything of JB's work describing a wheel etc. that needs to be disproved as
    >no proof of his description has been made. It is just plainly incorrect. I
    >wonder if the two mentioned are very personal friends.

    A red and white squid imitation made of feathers is much better trolling bait.

    Tom Gibb <[email protected]>

  9. TBGibb wrote in message <[email protected]>...
    ..

    >A red and white squid imitation made of feathers is much better trolling

    bait.

    Cheers!
    TJ
    As a last word of consequence - zymurgy.