Sneaked a ride in tonight

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Mseries, Jan 27, 2004.

  1. Mseries

    Mseries Guest

    Expecting foul weather today I put some extra miles in on Sunday to meet my target for January.
    Tonight though the ground was dry so I sneaked a ride for an hour. Hope I haven't angered the great
    cycling god too much.

    Tags:

  2. Succorso

    Succorso Guest

    "MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Expecting foul weather today I put some extra miles in on Sunday to meet
    my
    > target for January. Tonight though the ground was dry so I sneaked a ride for an hour. Hope I
    > haven't angered the great cycling god too much.

    Blimey - drove out to fetch No 1 daughter from college earlier (near Norwich) and had several
    slightly "sideways" moments in the lanes; I remember thinking "Glad I'm on four wheels tonight".

    Snow later perhaps?

    --
    Chris

  3. >Blimey - drove out to fetch No 1 daughter from college earlier (near Norwich) and had several
    >slightly "sideways" moments in the lanes; I remember thinking "Glad I'm on four wheels tonight".
    >
    >Snow later perhaps?

    Yes, it is a bit on the brass monkey's here in deepest rural Norfolk, but no snow apart from the odd
    flurry during the day. Not exactly the arctic conditions forecast last weekend to be here on Sunday
    night/Monday morning!

    Cheers, helen s

  4. Mseries

    Mseries Guest

    Succorso wrote:
    > "MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    >> Expecting foul weather today I put some extra miles in on Sunday to meet my target for January.
    >> Tonight though the ground was dry so I sneaked a ride for an hour. Hope I haven't angered the
    >> great cycling god too much.
    >>

    > Blimey - drove out to fetch No 1 daughter from college earlier (near Norwich) and had several
    > slightly "sideways" moments in the lanes; I remember thinking "Glad I'm on four wheels tonight".
    >
    > Snow later perhaps?

    It was snowing an hour after I returned home !

  5. "MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > It was snowing an hour after I returned home !

    Bah! All this talk of arctic weather and we haven't even had a decent frost in London yet this
    winter, and not yesterday and not today. I don't believe it!

    Rich

  6. On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 08:42:56 -0000, MSeries wrote:
    > dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers wrote:
    >>> Bah! All this talk of arctic weather and we haven't even had a decent frost in London yet this
    >>> winter, and not yesterday and not today. I don't believe it!
    >>>
    >>> Rich
    >>
    >> This morning I awoke to an inch of snow covering the ground here in deepest rural Norfolk - to
    >> find via the local radio that Nathan's school has been closed - one of many in Norfolk. I am
    >> *not* impressed. An inch of snow and the education system grinds to a halt... Bleedin' wimps.
    >>
    >> Cheers, helen s
    >>

    >> --This is an invalid email address to avoid spam-- to get correct one remove dependency on fame &
    >> fortune h*$el*$$e**nd***$o$ts***i*$*$m**m$$o*n**[email protected]$*$a$$o**l.c**$*$om$$
    >
    > A mere smattering in Morley but much more (2") in York,

    I was perversely gratified coming in to north Leeds from Huby/Pool/Bramhope that a bike passed me (I
    was in my car) before Bramhope, I passed it again 100yds down the road, and it passed me again near
    the Weetwood roundabout about 6 miles down the road. It was gratifying in the sense that the
    seemingly very slow trip in the car was in fact no slower than my commute on the bike!

    Trev

  7. "Richard Goodman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "MSeries" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    > berlin.de...
    > >
    > > It was snowing an hour after I returned home !
    > >

    > Bah! All this talk of arctic weather and we haven't even had a decent
    frost
    > in London yet this winter, and not yesterday and not today. I don't believe it!

    Come to central Norway. 3 ft. snow and -15C this morning. Did a 15 miles commute on studdied tires.
    Very nice. Hjalmar

  8. Richard Goodman wrote:

    > Bah! All this talk of arctic weather and we haven't even had a decent frost in London yet this
    > winter, and not yesterday and not today. I don't believe it!

    It's snowing now in SE1. [Looks out of window] Well, it /was/. And there were a couple of occasions
    before Crimbling-Yule in my part of London Town Devine (north-east) when it was pretty 'orrible -
    several sideways moments in the bus lane and an unfortunate motorcyclist going down on sheet ice
    from a leaking little-manhole-doofer and t-boning an innocent white van.

    http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

  9. W K

    W K Guest

    "Dave Kahn" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers) wrote in
    message news:<[email protected]>...

    > > I am *not* impressed. An inch of snow and the education system grinds to a halt... Bleedin'
    > > wimps.
    >
    > The kids can get there all right, but

    ... if there is the slightest danger of them not being able to go home, thats too horrific for the
    teachers to contemplate.