sneaking bikes onto thameslink

Martin

Guest
I am thinking of buying a bike bag. Would I be allowed on Thameslink with it during the bike ban
period or does it only apply to folding bikes? Has anyone else tried it?

martin> I am thinking of buying a bike bag. Would I be allowed on Thameslink with it during the
martin> bike ban period or does it only apply to folding bikes? Has anyone else tried it?

I've occasionally packaged a bike in a bike bag and taken in on trains in contexts where a bike
would otherwise not be permitted. You magically tranform from the verboten category "bike" to the
permitted category "big luggage". So far this has always worked, although I've not done it (a)
recently; or (b) on Thameslink AFAIR.

--
Hiccuping & trembling into the WASTE DUMPS of New Jersey like some drunken CABBAGE PATCH DOLL,
coughing in line at FIORUCCI'S!!

[email protected] (martin) said:

>I am thinking of buying a bike bag. Would I be allowed on Thameslink with it during the bike ban
>period or does it only apply to folding bikes? Has anyone else tried it?

"Bike? What bike? It's luggage, inspector."

Don't expect to be popular though, especially if it's got sharp edges.

John