sneaking bikes onto thameslink

Discussion in 'UK and Europe' started by Martin, May 2, 2003.

  1. Martin

    Martin Guest

    I am thinking of buying a bike bag. Would I be allowed on Thameslink with it during the bike ban
    period or does it only apply to folding bikes? Has anyone else tried it?

    Tags:

  2. Paul Rudin

    Paul Rudin Guest

    martin> I am thinking of buying a bike bag. Would I be allowed on Thameslink with it during the
    martin> bike ban period or does it only apply to folding bikes? Has anyone else tried it?

    I've occasionally packaged a bike in a bike bag and taken in on trains in contexts where a bike
    would otherwise not be permitted. You magically tranform from the verboten category "bike" to the
    permitted category "big luggage". So far this has always worked, although I've not done it (a)
    recently; or (b) on Thameslink AFAIR.

    --
    Hiccuping & trembling into the WASTE DUMPS of New Jersey like some drunken CABBAGE PATCH DOLL,
    coughing in line at FIORUCCI'S!!

  3. Sabineuk

    Sabineuk Guest

    [email protected] (martin) said:

    >I am thinking of buying a bike bag. Would I be allowed on Thameslink with it during the bike ban
    >period or does it only apply to folding bikes? Has anyone else tried it?

    "Bike? What bike? It's luggage, inspector."

    Don't expect to be popular though, especially if it's got sharp edges.

    John