Snickers Marathon

Discussion in 'Triathlon' started by Harold Buck, Feb 9, 2004.

  1. Harold Buck

    Harold Buck Guest

    No, it's not a new race, and no, I don't have stock in the company.

    Snickers Marathon is a new sports bar that tastse, well, like a Snickers bar. I thought it was
    really good, but I figured it was probably just a glorified candy bar. Then I compared the label to
    a Clif Bar (Crunchy PB) and it seemed to be pretty comparable.

    Am I missing something? If not, I'm going to stock up ($0.96 each at Wal-Mart).

    --Harold Buck

    - Homer J. Simpson

    Tags:

  2. Paul Eaton

    Paul Eaton Guest

    Harold Buck <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > No, it's not a new race, and no, I don't have stock in the company.
    >
    > Snickers Marathon is a new sports bar that tastse, well, like a Snickers bar. I thought it was
    > really good, but I figured it was probably just a glorified candy bar. Then I compared the label
    > to a Clif Bar (Crunchy PB) and it seemed to be pretty comparable.
    >
    > Am I missing something? If not, I'm going to stock up ($0.96 each at Wal-Mart).
    >
    > --Harold Buck
    >

    > "I used to rock and roll all night, and party every day. Then it was every other day. . . ."
    >
    > - Homer J. Simpson

    Marathon (1970's?) --> Snickers --> Marathon again!

  3. Runrdude

    Runrdude Guest

    [email protected] (Paul Eaton) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Harold Buck <no_o[email protected]> wrote in message news:<no_one_knows-
    > [email protected]>...
    > > No, it's not a new race, and no, I don't have stock in the company.
    > >
    > > Snickers Marathon is a new sports bar that tastse, well, like a Snickers bar. I thought it was
    > > really good, but I figured it was probably just a glorified candy bar. Then I compared the label
    > > to a Clif Bar (Crunchy PB) and it seemed to be pretty comparable.
    > >
    > > Am I missing something? If not, I'm going to stock up ($0.96 each at Wal-Mart).
    > >
    > > --Harold Buck
    > >

    > > "I used to rock and roll all night, and party every day. Then it was every other day. . . ."
    > >
    > > - Homer J. Simpson
    >
    > Marathon (1970's?) --> Snickers --> Marathon again!

    I enjoy them .... I haven't tried it on a long run yet. I ate one before a workout, it seemed to
    work. Great taste too Clyde

  4. Road2kona

    Road2kona Guest

    Harold Buck <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > No, it's not a new race, and no, I don't have stock in the company.
    >
    > Snickers Marathon is a new sports bar that tastse, well, like a Snickers bar. I thought it was
    > really good, but I figured it was probably just a glorified candy bar. Then I compared the label
    > to a Clif Bar (Crunchy PB) and it seemed to be pretty comparable.
    >
    > Am I missing something? If not, I'm going to stock up ($0.96 each at Wal-Mart).
    >
    > --Harold Buck
    >

    > "I used to rock and roll all night, and party every day. Then it was every other day. . . ."
    >
    > - Homer J. Simpson

    The snickers marathon bars do taste good. This is mainly because they have more fat than their chewy
    counterparts: Powerbars. In addition, the protein in the bar comes from peanuts vs. soy for other
    bars (e.g. Cliff Bars). I think that the main thing is find what works for you and sits well in your
    gut when you are logging the miles. If it works, sits well, and tastes good that is even better.

  5. IMKen

    IMKen Guest

    Eat any energy bar that tastes good to you except one that contains "partially Hydrogenised stuff or
    Fractionated palm oil" Those components will clog you arteries.

    news:[email protected]...