Snot

What do you do?

• Hankey

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Snot Rocket

Votes: 18 100.0%

• Total voters
Hankey for sure. I use the disposable kind. And I spit only when I've taken in too much protein (i.e. gnats!).

who has time for a hanckey, it's turn your head, one finger closing one nostril, then blow the snot rockets. the world is my hancky.

You didn't ask about those convienent absorbant parts they put on the thumb of gloves. They are great for drips. For serious cleanout you can't beat the one finger blowout routine.

i agree, that absorbent bit on my gloves is always there when my nose needs it!

Hey there folks ... funny, this is my 1st posting ('m new here) but where i'm from they call the one finger blowout routine the "Sports Blow"

The 'one finger blow' is a new term for me. I've always referred to it as the 'Asian Kleenex." If you've spent much time in Asia, you know what I mean. It is the only way t keep the intakes clear. I suspect it is a common practice as most gloves have a soft cloth in the strategic position...

I find it only works well to clear the left nostril.
Our group stopped at a small town eatery once and when everybody else had gone in I looked up the street, looked down the street and let loose in a pile of leaves in the gutter.... and then realized the three retired-age ladies in the car 5 feet from me were chortling hysterically...
I'd never be able to find a hanky.

Originally posted by JohnO
Oh, that's disgusting!

Come on, it's not that bad... If I'm riding fast I'm not going to bring along a whole pack of hankeys, and what's so wrong about an occasional spit or whiping of the nose with your glove. Those can be washed, and I dont think the bushes will mind my spit.

I must confess that I rarely use the rocket, the risk of hitting yourself is a bit high. ;-)

I always do the one-finger blow method. Every time I ride I must suck in something that causes my sinus to drain. I blow for a few minutes then finally am clear enough to breath through my nose with mouth closed. Mouth closed I don't get dry mouth and suck up so much water from my bottle.