snotty remark

>Rick Onanian [email protected]

wrote:

>Relax...we're all geeks here. ;)

Speak for yourself. All the girlies say I'm pretty fly... for a white guy.
(nodding to the Offspring)

Regards,
Bob Hunt

I don't know if this thread ever got around to answering the question, but I
think the snot is a result of an allergy to something on the side of the
road. Certain times of year, I head out on the bike and can't even see
straight, let alone breathe. (My nose gets completely stuffed and my eyes
get all watery.) It seems to be when all the trees are in bloom.

"Frederic Briere" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Pat <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> What is the reason for producing excess amounts of mucus, in my case,

when
> >> road riding? Don't have any cold symptoms, feel fine, just seem to

spend

> > to excess mucus during a ride. When I went on the Atkins diet, the

reduction
> > in mucus production was startling.

> I think we need a corollary to Godwin's Law: "As a r.b.m discussion
> grows longer, the probability of a mention of Atkins or low-carb diets
> approaches one."
>
> (No offense to you, Pat. <g>)
>

> "Ooh! Ooh! Name it after me!"
> --
> Frederic Briere <*> [email protected]
>
> => <[email protected]> IS NO MORE: <http://www.abacomsucks.com> <=

"NYRides" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> I don't know if this thread ever got around to answering the question, but

> think the snot is a result of an allergy to something on the side of the
> road. Certain times of year, I head out on the bike and can't even see
> straight, let alone breathe. (My nose gets completely stuffed and my eyes
> get all watery.) It seems to be when all the trees are in bloom.
>
> "Frederic Briere" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> when

> spend
> > >
> > > to excess mucus during a ride. When I went on the Atkins diet, the

> reduction
> > > in mucus production was startling.

> > I think we need a corollary to Godwin's Law: "As a r.b.m discussion
> > grows longer, the probability of a mention of Atkins or low-carb diets
> > approaches one."
> >
> > (No offense to you, Pat. <g>)

I remember reading Tyler Hamilton's column inVelonews, and he was describing
the allergy season in spain and how it affects him. He said sometimes it was
like trying to breathe through a straw. LOL.

In article <[email protected]>,
"NYRides" <[email protected]> wrote:

> "Frederic Briere" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> when

> spend
> > >
> > > to excess mucus during a ride. When I went on the Atkins diet, the

> reduction
> > > in mucus production was startling.

> I don't know if this thread ever got around to answering the question, but I
> think the snot is a result of an allergy to something on the side of the
> road. Certain times of year, I head out on the bike and can't even see
> straight, let alone breathe. (My nose gets completely stuffed and my eyes
> get all watery.) It seems to be when all the trees are in bloom.

I produce weird amounts of snot in all conditions at all times of the
year when I ride hard. I don't regard this as a major debility. Coping
is a bit like kissing: you just close one nostril and blow.

--
Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcola/
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

wrote:

>I produce weird amounts of snot in all conditions at all times of the
>year when I ride hard. I don't regard this as a major debility. Coping
>is a bit like kissing: you just close one nostril and blow.

You must be very popular with the ladies. <g>

Regards,
Bob Hunt

In article <[email protected]>,
Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> writes:

> I produce weird amounts of snot in all conditions at all times of the
> year when I ride hard.

So do horses. And y'know when they make that blowing-through-
flappy-lips sound? That's them sneezing. Horses sneeze a lot.

cheers,
Tom