snotty remark

wrote:

>well, all i know is that i read somewhere that cats are far more likely
>than dogs to eat the bodies of their deceased owners if stuck in the house
>with them after their demise.

---snip---

This is definitely a myth. Rover will eat his late master/mistress just as
quickly as Tabby.

>i am much more of a dog person myself.

So am I but that doesn't change the facts.

Regards,
Bob Hunt

Hunrobe <[email protected]> wrote:
>>well, all i know is that i read somewhere that cats are far more likely
>>than dogs to eat the bodies of their deceased owners if stuck in the house
>>with them after their demise.

> This is definitely a myth. Rover will eat his late master/mistress just as
> quickly as Tabby.

look bob, i read it on the internet so i'm pretty damn sure it's true.

http://www.straightdope.com/mailbag/mdepradation.html

cecil adams is the man, btw. the difference is a few days .. the cat waits
one, the dog several. i used to read the straight dope on my greyhound
bus trips to washington, d.c. back in the day. reading my quote above i
did state it incorrectly .. they both eat 'em. cats are just quicker on the
draw. eerily quick methinks.
--
david reuteler
[email protected]

In article <[email protected]>,
Zoot Katz <[email protected]> wrote:

> Mon, 31 May 2004 19:09:09 -0700,
> <[email protected]>,
> Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >I produce weird amounts of snot in all conditions at all times of the
> >year when I ride hard. I don't regard this as a major debility. Coping
> >is a bit like kissing: you just close one nostril and blow.

> It sounds like your only dates are camels.

I was trying to make a reference to the Marilyn Monroe line "you just
put your lips together and blow," but from the responses either I was
too obscure or misunderstanding me was too much fun.

I can assure you, I do know how to kiss, and I have never dated a camel,
--
Ryan Cousineau, [email protected] http://www.sfu.ca/~rcousine/wiredcola/
President, Fabrizio Mazzoleni Fan Club

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> >David Reuteler [email protected]

> wrote:
>
> >well, all i know is that i read somewhere that cats are far more likely
> >than dogs to eat the bodies of their deceased owners if stuck in the house
> >with them after their demise.

> ---snip---
>
> This is definitely a myth. Rover will eat his late master/mistress just as
> quickly as Tabby.

That's ok with me. If I'm dead and unable to take care of my pet, it
wouldn't bother me a bit if they had to eat me to stay alive. I realize
that my relatives might be a bit upset when they found out, but that's
how I feel.

newsgroups if possible).

On 03 Jun 2004 02:51:45 GMT, David Reuteler <[email protected]>
wrote:
>cats are just quicker on the
>draw. eerily quick methinks.

Sounds to me like they're smarter -- better to eat before it goes
rotten.
--
Rick Onanian

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 21:52:07 -0700, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]>
wrote:

>I was trying to make a reference to the Marilyn Monroe line "you just
>put your lips together and blow," but from the responses either I was
>too obscure or misunderstanding me was too much fun.

Uh, Lauren Bacall. To Humphrey Bogart. I'm going to guess at the movie
from memory and will probably get it wrong, but here goes, "To Have
and Have Not."

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...