Snow Pack at Higher Elevations

tcd

Guest
Hey All, I'm scheduled to hit the Colorado Trail at Waterton Canyon
out side of Denver the first of July. From there I'm planning to
spend the next two weeks riding the full 500 miles to Durango. I've
got everything dialed in, but have started to worry about the snow
pack at higher elevations. I hear that Colorado has gotten a
tremendous amount of snow this year, which has caused some things to
be closed. Has anyone navigated these areas in the past few weeks?
How is passage looking? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

TD

tcd <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hey All, I'm scheduled to hit the Colorado Trail at Waterton Canyon
> out side of Denver the first of July. From there I'm planning to
> spend the next two weeks riding the full 500 miles to Durango. I've
> got everything dialed in, but have started to worry about the snow
> pack at higher elevations. I hear that Colorado has gotten a
> tremendous amount of snow this year, which has caused some things to
> be closed. Has anyone navigated these areas in the past few weeks?
> How is passage looking? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks

Dunno about Colorado, but it snowed in Utah just yesterday (5 June).

Bill

In article <bdd6d4be-368e-4cd4-a6ae-2b7f8c5ea9b4@q24g2000prf.googlegroups.com>,
tcd <[email protected]> wrote:
>Hey All, I'm scheduled to hit the Colorado Trail at Waterton Canyon
>out side of Denver the first of July. From there I'm planning to
>spend the next two weeks riding the full 500 miles to Durango. I've
>got everything dialed in, but have started to worry about the snow
>pack at higher elevations. I hear that Colorado has gotten a
>tremendous amount of snow this year, which has caused some things to
>be closed. Has anyone navigated these areas in the past few weeks?
>How is passage looking? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
>Thanks

I bet if you post at www.telemarktips.com in the forum, you'll
get all the answers you want. Colorado has had a very big snow
year.

_ Booker C. Bense

tcd <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hey All, I'm scheduled to hit the Colorado Trail at Waterton Canyon
> out side of Denver the first of July. From there I'm planning to
> spend the next two weeks riding the full 500 miles to Durango. I've
> got everything dialed in, but have started to worry about the snow
> pack at higher elevations. I hear that Colorado has gotten a
> tremendous amount of snow this year, which has caused some things to
> be closed. Has anyone navigated these areas in the past few weeks?
> How is passage looking? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks

I suggest you contact the webmaster here:
http://www.cottonwoodpass.net/

--
Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO