Snow!

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by matt_t, Dec 28, 2005.

  1. matt_t

    matt_t Guest

    Woohoo it snowed more overnight, this is the most exciting thing that
    has happened in Rutland in ages, a godsend really considering there is
    nothing to do while I'm here visiting my parents. Anyway I used it as a
    flimsy pretext to go unicycling down the sledging hill we used to go to
    as kids. It was much more interesting than normal unicycling, lots of
    falling down due to unexpected dog attacks, kids running in the way
    etc. Sadly my brother was quicker than me on his sledge, till he
    cracked it in half then I had the upper hand and beat him in most races
    where I didn't fall. Has anyone else in the UK had any snow? It'd be
    good to see some pics since it hardly happens anymore (damn you global
    warming)
    It's a bit lame, but here's my new gallery anyway...
    http://tinyurl.com/adylm
    Enjoy the snow!
    Matt

    --
    matt_t
    matt_t's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10922

  2. Mikefule

    Mikefule Guest

    Rutland - smallest county, home of Ruddles beer, and birthplace of my
    mother!

    I went out on the MUni yesterday in Sherwood Forest in about 2 inches
    of snow. A couple of times it was snowing quite heavily. The wheel
    moves silently, and you can't read the ground as well as all the bumps
    are whited out. However, I was disappointed - didn't really get the
    amazing snow-uni experience I'd expected. Maybe a big open field with
    a steep slope would have been more fun.

    --
    Mikefule

    "Do not listen to Mikefule."
    Forrestunifreak

  3. unicycleboy

    unicycleboy Guest

    There has been a bit more snow today, here in North Yorkshire ;) i
    couldnt resist coasting and doing silly things. haha I also tried my
    dads homemade snowboard from like 8 years ago! its a death trap lol

    Trev

    |Filename: coasting.jpg |

    unicycleboy

    www.unicycleboy.unicyclist.com
    unicycleboy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/399

  4. matt_t

    matt_t Guest

  5. litldude2

    litldude2 Guest

    I wish I had a jacket like that...

    --
    litldude2

    Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
    Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
    _____________________________

    chosen wrote:
    > wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

  6. Mikefule

    Mikefule Guest

    Fantastic photo. So, have Yorkshire Police been issued with patrol
    unicycles, or are Yorkshire Police seeking a missing traffic jacket?:D

    --
    Mikefule

    "Do not listen to Mikefule."
    Forrestunifreak

  7. unicycleboy

    unicycleboy Guest

  8. unijesse

    unijesse Guest

    we had almost a foot of snow but then it got to about 50 degrees! and
    now its almost all gone! i hate this:(

    --
    unijesse

    "I'm riding a unicycle with my pants down, this should be the best day
    of my life."-Bart Simpson
    unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

  9. krring

    krring Guest

  10. "matt_t" wrote in message ...
    >Has anyone else in the UK had any snow?

    Well, there's been a fair bit in Nottingham, but we all went down to
    Cannock the day after Boxing Day for some snowy unicycling;

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/s.owen12/cannock.wmv (17mb)

    STM

  11. koebwil

    koebwil Guest

  12. Erant

    Erant Guest

    koebwil wrote:
    > I live in Wisconsin, I liked the snow at first, but now it's covering
    > all of my favorite spots. I just want it to go away.

    I'm agreeing with you here. It also froze a bit before it started
    snowing, so the snow is covering ice too. I've already taken a nasty
    fall off a wall that had ice on it. I hope it starts to thaw soon...

    --
    Erant

    Live free, prosper, and under my rule.
    Erant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9986

  13. unicycleboy

    unicycleboy Guest

    There is more snow coming tonight :)

    heres another picture messing in the snow while wearing a flat cap on
    bacxkwards, oh yes

    Trev

    |Filename: DSC05437_cr.jpg |