Snow

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Sandy W, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Sandy W

    Sandy W Guest

    Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday. What happens if the meeting is
    canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for the day that they were closed?

    Thanks, Sandy

    Tags:

  2. Since I don't live in an area that gets snow. I would not know about that, but I would think if the
    center is closed due to snow, you would not be charged for a missed week. I would encourage you to
    attend a meeting another day and weigh in though, so that you can keep on track. The WW week runs
    from Sunday - Saturday, so you can weigh in any time during that week and it will not be considered
    a missed week. Where I live we have meetings 7 days a week at various times of the day, so if I
    can't weigh on my normal day and time, I make in another time during the same week.

    Debbie

    "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]_s51...
    > Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday.
    What
    > happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for
    the
    > day that they were closed?
    >
    > Thanks, Sandy

  3. Sandy,

    I don't do WW so I don't know about meetings. Where do you live? Just curious--we are facing the
    threat of snow in WA tomorrow!!

    --
    Janice
    263/252/150 (maybe 130)

    "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]_s51...
    > Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday.
    What
    > happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for
    the
    > day that they were closed?
    >
    > Thanks, Sandy

  4. Dani H.-K.

    Dani H.-K. Guest

    "Sandy W" <[email protected]> asked:

    > My weigh in day is on Tuesday. What happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they charge
    > your for the day that they were closed?

    In my experience (the blackout this summer put the kibosh on our Saturday a.m. meeting), they do not
    charge for meetings that are cancelled.

    I did some snow shovelling today. Fitday tells me that 15 minutes of shovelling snow will burn as
    many calories as 25 minutes at 4 mph on the treadmill. Cool!

    Dani
    --
    185/142.6/143

  5. Fred

    Fred Guest

    If THEY cancel a meeting you do not have to pay. And depending on your leader, even if you miss a
    meeting you might not have to pay. I took a few vacations, mentioned I would miss a meeting or two
    and be back and never had to pay for those missed meetings.

    As someone else mentioned, you might also attend a different day if the snow melts as suggested by
    Tues night or Weds morning or....

    I hope I can ski Greenlake (seattle) before it melts (G)

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 04:42:32 GMT, "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday. What happens if the meeting
    >is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for the day that they were closed?
    >
    >Thanks, Sandy

  6. Sandy W

    Sandy W Guest

    Janice,

    I'm in Washington also. That's why I'm worried about my meeting tomorrow.

    Sandy

    "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]_s01...
    > Sandy,
    >
    > I don't do WW so I don't know about meetings. Where do you live? Just curious--we are facing the
    > threat of snow in WA tomorrow!!
    >
    > --
    > Janice
    > 263/252/150 (maybe 130)
    >

    > "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]_s51...
    > > Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday.
    > What
    > > happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for
    > the
    > > day that they were closed?
    > >
    > > Thanks, Sandy

  7. Sandy W

    Sandy W Guest

    My husbands out shovelling snow now. I'll take his points for that. LOL

    Sandy

    "Dani H.-K." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "Sandy W" <[email protected]> asked:
    >
    > > My weigh in day is on Tuesday. What happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they
    > > charge your for the day that they were closed?
    >
    > In my experience (the blackout this summer put the kibosh on our Saturday a.m. meeting), they do
    > not charge for meetings that are cancelled.
    >
    > I did some snow shovelling today. Fitday tells me that 15 minutes of shovelling snow will burn as
    > many calories as 25 minutes at 4 mph on the treadmill. Cool!
    >
    > Dani
    > --
    > 185/142.6/143

  8. Where in Washington are you?

    --
    Janice
    263/252/150 (maybe 130)

    "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]_s01...
    > Janice,
    >
    > I'm in Washington also. That's why I'm worried about my meeting tomorrow.
    >
    > Sandy
    >

    > "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]_s01...
    > > Sandy,
    > >
    > > I don't do WW so I don't know about meetings. Where do you live? Just curious--we are facing the
    > > threat of snow in WA tomorrow!!
    > >
    > > --
    > > Janice
    > > 263/252/150 (maybe 130)
    > >

    > > "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]_s51...
    > > > Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday.
    > > What
    > > > happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your
    for
    > > the
    > > > day that they were closed?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks, Sandy

  9. Limeyno1

    Limeyno1 Guest

    I'm in southern Ontario and we had about an inch last night.

    "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]_s01...
    > Janice,
    >
    > I'm in Washington also. That's why I'm worried about my meeting tomorrow.
    >
    > Sandy
    >

    > "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]_s01...
    > > Sandy,
    > >
    > > I don't do WW so I don't know about meetings. Where do you live? Just curious--we are facing the
    > > threat of snow in WA tomorrow!!
    > >
    > > --
    > > Janice
    > > 263/252/150 (maybe 130)
    > >

    > > "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]_s51...
    > > > Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday.
    > > What
    > > > happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your
    for
    > > the
    > > > day that they were closed?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks, Sandy

  10. Sandy W

    Sandy W Guest

    Auburn. I called WW and they told me to call in the morning and if they are closed there will be no
    charge for that weeks meeting.

    Sandy

    "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]_s01...
    > Where in Washington are you?
    >
    > --
    > Janice
    > 263/252/150 (maybe 130)
    >

    > "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]_s01...
    > > Janice,
    > >
    > > I'm in Washington also. That's why I'm worried about my meeting
    tomorrow.

    > > Sandy
    > >

    > > "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]_s01...
    > > > Sandy,
    > > >
    > > > I don't do WW so I don't know about meetings. Where do you live?
    Just
    > > > curious--we are facing the threat of snow in WA tomorrow!!
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Janice
    > > > 263/252/150 (maybe 130)

    Tuesday.
    > > > What
    > for
    > > > the

  11. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Yes, but you folks know how to handle it. Western Washington falls apart (G)

    On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:41:43 -0500, "LIMEYNO1" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I'm in southern Ontario and we had about an inch last night.
    >
    >"Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]_s01...
    >> Janice,
    >>
    >> I'm in Washington also. That's why I'm worried about my meeting tomorrow.
    >>
    >> Sandy
    >>

    >> "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]_s01...
    >> > Sandy,
    >> >
    >> > I don't do WW so I don't know about meetings. Where do you live? Just curious--we are facing
    >> > the threat of snow in WA tomorrow!!
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Janice
    >> > 263/252/150 (maybe 130)

    >> > What
    >for
    >> > the

  12. You're not that far from me--I'm in Olympia!!!

    We are expecting 1-3 inches by morning here--I think you guys are expecting up to 2 inches by
    morning!! Good luck with your meeting issue!!!

    --
    Janice
    263/252/150 (maybe 130)

    "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:X%[email protected]_s54...
    > Auburn. I called WW and they told me to call in the morning and if they
    are
    > closed there will be no charge for that weeks meeting.
    >
    > Sandy
    >
    > "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]_s01...
    > > Where in Washington are you?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Janice
    > > 263/252/150 (maybe 130)
    > >

    > > "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]_s01...
    > > > Janice,
    > > >
    > > > I'm in Washington also. That's why I'm worried about my meeting
    > tomorrow.
    > > >
    > > > Sandy
    > > >

    > > > "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > > news:[email protected]_s01...

    > Just

    > Tuesday.
    > > for

  13. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Well, I called twice this morning "YOUR MEETING IS STILL ON!"

    Drove up there - Locked tight as a drum. Sign "Meeting canceled due to weather"

    Oh, well, another week without an official WI. Unless I go to another meeting which is doubtful.

    On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 04:42:32 GMT, "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday. What happens if the meeting
    >is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for the day that they were closed?
    >
    >Thanks, Sandy

  14. Sandy W

    Sandy W Guest

    Fred,

    I called 2 hours before my meeting. Did you call earlier then that?

    Sandy

    > Well, I called twice this morning "YOUR MEETING IS STILL ON!"
    >
    > Drove up there - Locked tight as a drum. Sign "Meeting canceled due to weather"
    >
    > Oh, well, another week without an official WI. Unless I go to another meeting which is doubtful.
    >
    > On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 04:42:32 GMT, "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday.
    What
    > >happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for
    the
    > >day that they were closed?
    > >
    > >Thanks, Sandy

  15. I see someone ELSE had enough sense to call off the meeting. Too bad you had to find out
    the hard way.

    On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 10:29:59 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Well, I called twice this morning "YOUR MEETING IS STILL ON!"
    >
    >Drove up there - Locked tight as a drum. Sign "Meeting canceled due to weather"
    >
    >Oh, well, another week without an official WI. Unless I go to another meeting which is doubtful.
    >
    >On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 04:42:32 GMT, "Sandy W" <sandeeww[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday. What happens if the meeting
    >>is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for the day that they were closed?
    >>
    >>Thanks, Sandy

    Prairie Roots
    232/167/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  16. Fred

    Fred Guest

    I don't think it works that way (G)

    On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 00:47:56 GMT, "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >My husbands out shovelling snow now. I'll take his points for that. LOL
    >
    >Sandy
    >
    >"Dani H.-K." <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> "Sandy W" <[email protected]> asked:
    >>
    >> > My weigh in day is on Tuesday. What happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they
    >> > charge your for the day that they were closed?
    >>
    >> In my experience (the blackout this summer put the kibosh on our Saturday a.m. meeting), they do
    >> not charge for meetings that are cancelled.
    >>
    >> I did some snow shovelling today. Fitday tells me that 15 minutes of shovelling snow will burn as
    >> many calories as 25 minutes at 4 mph on the treadmill. Cool!
    >>
    >> Dani
    >> --
    >> 185/142.6/143

  17. Fred

    Fred Guest

    No, I called about an hour prior to the meeting. I guess I was pretty such it would be closed
    but went for it, figuring I would see what driving was like and I had to return something to The
    Bon anyway.

    Guess I will wait another week for a real wi and my gift-dvd (G)

    On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 19:51:27 GMT, "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Fred,
    >
    >I called 2 hours before my meeting. Did you call earlier then that?
    >
    >Sandy
    >
    >"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >news:[email protected]...
    >> Well, I called twice this morning "YOUR MEETING IS STILL ON!"
    >>
    >> Drove up there - Locked tight as a drum. Sign "Meeting canceled due to weather"
    >>
    >> Oh, well, another week without an official WI. Unless I go to another meeting which is doubtful.
    >>
    >> On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 04:42:32 GMT, "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday.
    >What
    >> >happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for
    >the
    >> >day that they were closed?
    >> >
    >> >Thanks, Sandy

  18. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Hmmmmmmmm. Shall I read between the EDITOR'S carefully crafted sentence to see what is being
    implied???? (g)

    Yup, dummy, here, found out the hard way but I tested the slush for others (G)

    On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:49:04 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I see someone ELSE had enough sense to call off the meeting. Too bad you had to find out the
    >hard way.
    >
    >On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 10:29:59 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>Well, I called twice this morning "YOUR MEETING IS STILL ON!"
    >>
    >>Drove up there - Locked tight as a drum. Sign "Meeting canceled due to weather"
    >>
    >>Oh, well, another week without an official WI. Unless I go to another meeting which is doubtful.
    >>
    >>On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 04:42:32 GMT, "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday. What happens if the meeting
    >>>is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for the day that they were closed?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks, Sandy
    >>>

    >Prairie Roots
    >232/167/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

  19. Gail

    Gail Guest

    Where is South. Ont are you Limeyno1? I'm between T.O. & Hamilton.

    --
    Gail Pages Done in 2004 2

    "LIMEYNO1" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > I'm in southern Ontario and we had about an inch last night.
    >
    > "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]_s01...
    > > Janice,
    > >
    > > I'm in Washington also. That's why I'm worried about my meeting
    tomorrow.

    > > Sandy
    > >

    > > "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > news:[email protected]_s01...
    > > > Sandy,
    > > >
    > > > I don't do WW so I don't know about meetings. Where do you live?
    Just
    > > > curious--we are facing the threat of snow in WA tomorrow!!
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Janice
    > > > 263/252/150 (maybe 130)

    Tuesday.
    > > > What
    > for
    > > > the

  20. Joyce

    Joyce Guest

    Then you can let those of *onliners* who don't get the dvd's, know what we are missing. <g>

    Joyce