Snow

Sandy W

Guest
Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday. What happens if the meeting is
canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for the day that they were closed?

Thanks, Sandy

Since I don't live in an area that gets snow. I would not know about that, but I would think if the
center is closed due to snow, you would not be charged for a missed week. I would encourage you to
attend a meeting another day and weigh in though, so that you can keep on track. The WW week runs
from Sunday - Saturday, so you can weigh in any time during that week and it will not be considered
a missed week. Where I live we have meetings 7 days a week at various times of the day, so if I
can't weigh on my normal day and time, I make in another time during the same week.

Debbie

"Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:YW5Kb.127854$VB2.423319@attbi_s51...
> Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday.
What
> happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for
the
> day that they were closed?
>
> Thanks, Sandy

Sandy,

I don't do WW so I don't know about meetings. Where do you live? Just curious--we are facing the
threat of snow in WA tomorrow!!

--
Janice
263/252/150 (maybe 130)

"Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:YW5Kb.127854$VB2.423319@attbi_s51...
> Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday.
What
> happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for
the
> day that they were closed?
>
> Thanks, Sandy

"Sandy W" <[email protected]> asked:

> My weigh in day is on Tuesday. What happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they charge
> your for the day that they were closed?

In my experience (the blackout this summer put the kibosh on our Saturday a.m. meeting), they do not
charge for meetings that are cancelled.

I did some snow shovelling today. Fitday tells me that 15 minutes of shovelling snow will burn as
many calories as 25 minutes at 4 mph on the treadmill. Cool!

Dani
--
185/142.6/143

If THEY cancel a meeting you do not have to pay. And depending on your leader, even if you miss a
meeting you might not have to pay. I took a few vacations, mentioned I would miss a meeting or two
and be back and never had to pay for those missed meetings.

As someone else mentioned, you might also attend a different day if the snow melts as suggested by
Tues night or Weds morning or....

I hope I can ski Greenlake (seattle) before it melts (G)

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 04:42:32 GMT, "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday. What happens if the meeting
>is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for the day that they were closed?
>
>Thanks, Sandy

Janice,

I'm in Washington also. That's why I'm worried about my meeting tomorrow.

Sandy

"Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:v98Kb.737482$HS4.5649303@attbi_s01...
> Sandy,
>
> I don't do WW so I don't know about meetings. Where do you live? Just curious--we are facing the
> threat of snow in WA tomorrow!!
>
> --
> Janice
> 263/252/150 (maybe 130)
>

> "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:YW5Kb.127854$VB2.423319@attbi_s51...
> > Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday.
> What
> > happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for
> the
> > day that they were closed?
> >
> > Thanks, Sandy

My husbands out shovelling snow now. I'll take his points for that. LOL

Sandy

"Dani H.-K." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Sandy W" <[email protected]> asked:
>
> > My weigh in day is on Tuesday. What happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they
> > charge your for the day that they were closed?
>
> In my experience (the blackout this summer put the kibosh on our Saturday a.m. meeting), they do
> not charge for meetings that are cancelled.
>
> I did some snow shovelling today. Fitday tells me that 15 minutes of shovelling snow will burn as
> many calories as 25 minutes at 4 mph on the treadmill. Cool!
>
> Dani
> --
> 185/142.6/143

Where in Washington are you?

--
Janice
263/252/150 (maybe 130)

"Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:xtiKb.742569$HS4.5698266@attbi_s01...
> Janice,
>
> I'm in Washington also. That's why I'm worried about my meeting tomorrow.
>
> Sandy
>

> "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Sandy,
> >
> > I don't do WW so I don't know about meetings. Where do you live? Just curious--we are facing the
> > threat of snow in WA tomorrow!!
> >
> > --
> > Janice
> > 263/252/150 (maybe 130)
> >

> > "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:YW5Kb.127854$VB2.423319@attbi_s51...
> > > Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday.
> > What
> > > happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your
for
> > the
> > > day that they were closed?
> > >
> > > Thanks, Sandy

I'm in southern Ontario and we had about an inch last night.

"Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:xtiKb.742569$HS4.5698266@attbi_s01...
> Janice,
>
> I'm in Washington also. That's why I'm worried about my meeting tomorrow.
>
> Sandy
>

> "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Sandy,
> >
> > I don't do WW so I don't know about meetings. Where do you live? Just curious--we are facing the
> > threat of snow in WA tomorrow!!
> >
> > --
> > Janice
> > 263/252/150 (maybe 130)
> >

> > "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:YW5Kb.127854$VB2.423319@attbi_s51...
> > > Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday.
> > What
> > > happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your
for
> > the
> > > day that they were closed?
> > >
> > > Thanks, Sandy

Auburn. I called WW and they told me to call in the morning and if they are closed there will be no
charge for that weeks meeting.

Sandy

"Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:tXiKb.742799$HS4.5703622@attbi_s01...
> Where in Washington are you?
>
> --
> Janice
> 263/252/150 (maybe 130)
>

> "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:xtiKb.742569$HS4.5698266@attbi_s01...
> > Janice,
> >
> > I'm in Washington also. That's why I'm worried about my meeting
tomorrow.

> > Sandy
> >

> > "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > Sandy,
> > >
> > > I don't do WW so I don't know about meetings. Where do you live?
Just
> > > curious--we are facing the threat of snow in WA tomorrow!!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Janice
> > > 263/252/150 (maybe 130)

Tuesday.
> > > What
> for
> > > the

Yes, but you folks know how to handle it. Western Washington falls apart (G)

On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:41:43 -0500, "LIMEYNO1" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I'm in southern Ontario and we had about an inch last night.
>
>"Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:xtiKb.742569$HS4.5698266@attbi_s01...
>> Janice,
>>
>> I'm in Washington also. That's why I'm worried about my meeting tomorrow.
>>
>> Sandy
>>

>> "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> > Sandy,
>> >
>> > I don't do WW so I don't know about meetings. Where do you live? Just curious--we are facing
>> > the threat of snow in WA tomorrow!!
>> >
>> > --
>> > Janice
>> > 263/252/150 (maybe 130)

>> > What
>for
>> > the

You're not that far from me--I'm in Olympia!!!

We are expecting 1-3 inches by morning here--I think you guys are expecting up to 2 inches by
morning!! Good luck with your meeting issue!!!

--
Janice
263/252/150 (maybe 130)

"Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:X%iKb.292657$_M.1584455@attbi_s54...
> Auburn. I called WW and they told me to call in the morning and if they
are
> closed there will be no charge for that weeks meeting.
>
> Sandy
>
> "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > Where in Washington are you?
> >
> > --
> > Janice
> > 263/252/150 (maybe 130)
> >

> > "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:xtiKb.742569$HS4.5698266@attbi_s01...
> > > Janice,
> > >
> > > I'm in Washington also. That's why I'm worried about my meeting
> tomorrow.
> > >
> > > Sandy
> > >

> > > "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message

> Just

> Tuesday.
> > for

Well, I called twice this morning "YOUR MEETING IS STILL ON!"

Drove up there - Locked tight as a drum. Sign "Meeting canceled due to weather"

Oh, well, another week without an official WI. Unless I go to another meeting which is doubtful.

On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 04:42:32 GMT, "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday. What happens if the meeting
>is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for the day that they were closed?
>
>Thanks, Sandy

Fred,

I called 2 hours before my meeting. Did you call earlier then that?

Sandy

> Well, I called twice this morning "YOUR MEETING IS STILL ON!"
>
> Drove up there - Locked tight as a drum. Sign "Meeting canceled due to weather"
>
> Oh, well, another week without an official WI. Unless I go to another meeting which is doubtful.
>
> On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 04:42:32 GMT, "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday.
What
> >happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for
the
> >day that they were closed?
> >
> >Thanks, Sandy

I see someone ELSE had enough sense to call off the meeting. Too bad you had to find out
the hard way.

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 10:29:59 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>Well, I called twice this morning "YOUR MEETING IS STILL ON!"
>
>Drove up there - Locked tight as a drum. Sign "Meeting canceled due to weather"
>
>Oh, well, another week without an official WI. Unless I go to another meeting which is doubtful.
>
>On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 04:42:32 GMT, "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday. What happens if the meeting
>>is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for the day that they were closed?
>>
>>Thanks, Sandy

Prairie Roots
232/167/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

I don't think it works that way (G)

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 00:47:56 GMT, "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote:

>My husbands out shovelling snow now. I'll take his points for that. LOL
>
>Sandy
>
>"Dani H.-K." <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> "Sandy W" <[email protected]> asked:
>>
>> > My weigh in day is on Tuesday. What happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they
>> > charge your for the day that they were closed?
>>
>> In my experience (the blackout this summer put the kibosh on our Saturday a.m. meeting), they do
>> not charge for meetings that are cancelled.
>>
>> I did some snow shovelling today. Fitday tells me that 15 minutes of shovelling snow will burn as
>> many calories as 25 minutes at 4 mph on the treadmill. Cool!
>>
>> Dani
>> --
>> 185/142.6/143

No, I called about an hour prior to the meeting. I guess I was pretty such it would be closed
but went for it, figuring I would see what driving was like and I had to return something to The
Bon anyway.

Guess I will wait another week for a real wi and my gift-dvd (G)

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 19:51:27 GMT, "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Fred,
>
>I called 2 hours before my meeting. Did you call earlier then that?
>
>Sandy
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]...
>> Well, I called twice this morning "YOUR MEETING IS STILL ON!"
>>
>> Drove up there - Locked tight as a drum. Sign "Meeting canceled due to weather"
>>
>> Oh, well, another week without an official WI. Unless I go to another meeting which is doubtful.
>>
>> On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 04:42:32 GMT, "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday.
>What
>> >happens if the meeting is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for
>the
>> >day that they were closed?
>> >
>> >Thanks, Sandy

Hmmmmmmmm. Shall I read between the EDITOR'S carefully crafted sentence to see what is being
implied???? (g)

Yup, dummy, here, found out the hard way but I tested the slush for others (G)

On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 16:49:04 -0600, Prairie Roots <[email protected]> wrote:

>I see someone ELSE had enough sense to call off the meeting. Too bad you had to find out the
>hard way.
>
>On Wed, 07 Jan 2004 10:29:59 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Well, I called twice this morning "YOUR MEETING IS STILL ON!"
>>
>>Drove up there - Locked tight as a drum. Sign "Meeting canceled due to weather"
>>
>>Oh, well, another week without an official WI. Unless I go to another meeting which is doubtful.
>>
>>On Mon, 05 Jan 2004 04:42:32 GMT, "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks everyone for the nice welcomes. My weigh in day is on Tuesday. What happens if the meeting
>>>is canceled due to snow? Do they charge your for the day that they were closed?
>>>
>>>Thanks, Sandy
>>>

>Prairie Roots
>232/167/WW goal 145 joined WW Online 22-Feb-2003

Where is South. Ont are you Limeyno1? I'm between T.O. & Hamilton.

--
Gail Pages Done in 2004 2

"LIMEYNO1" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> I'm in southern Ontario and we had about an inch last night.
>
> "Sandy W" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:xtiKb.742569$HS4.5698266@attbi_s01...
> > Janice,
> >
> > I'm in Washington also. That's why I'm worried about my meeting
tomorrow.

> > Sandy
> >

> > "Janice Kennish" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > Sandy,
> > >
> > > I don't do WW so I don't know about meetings. Where do you live?
Just
> > > curious--we are facing the threat of snow in WA tomorrow!!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Janice
> > > 263/252/150 (maybe 130)

Tuesday.
> > > What
> for
> > > the

Then you can let those of *onliners* who don't get the dvd's, know what we are missing. <g>

Joyce