Snow!

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Paul Saunders, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Robert Hill

    Robert Hill Guest

    "Paul Saunders" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > Good grief! It's actually snowing in Swansea! First time
    for years!

    > http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk/misc/snow/snow1.jpg
    >
    > http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk/misc/snow/snow2.jpg
    >
    > And for those that prefer the dreamy effect...
    > http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk/misc/snow/snow3.jpg
    >
    > Paul
    > --
    > http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk
    > http://www.photosig.com/go/users/userphotos?id=118749
    >
    > Umm lovely. It seems that not only are the Xmas 'deccies'
    still in the garden, but there's possibly a gorgeous platinum blonde knocking around also...!

    Robert

  2. Nalac

    Nalac Guest

    We had a dusting of white stuff this afternoon but nothing heavy in the hills yet - another hour
    praps? 12 miles East of Merthyr I is.

    "Robert Hill" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Paul Saunders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Good grief! It's actually snowing in Swansea! First time
    > for years!
    > >
    > > http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk/misc/snow/snow1.jpg
    > >
    > > http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk/misc/snow/snow2.jpg
    > >
    > > And for those that prefer the dreamy effect...
    > > http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk/misc/snow/snow3.jpg
    > >
    > > Paul
    > > --
    > > http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk
    > > http://www.photosig.com/go/users/userphotos?id=118749
    > >
    > > Umm lovely. It seems that not only are the Xmas 'deccies'
    > still in the garden, but there's possibly a gorgeous platinum blonde knocking around also...!
    >
    > Robert

  3. Bernard Hill

    Bernard Hill Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, Paul Saunders <[email protected]> writes
    >Good grief! It's actually snowing in Swansea! First time for years!
    >
    >http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk/misc/snow/snow1.jpg
    >
    >http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk/misc/snow/snow2.jpg
    >
    >And for those that prefer the dreamy effect... http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk/misc/snow/snow3.jpg
    >
    >Paul
    >--
    >http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk
    >http://www.photosig.com/go/users/userphotos?id=118749

    Well Paul I'm usually a fan of yours but the first two have to be the most boring pictures I've seen
    in a long time :-(

    And the last one is a close-up of a horse's tail...

    Bernard Hill Selkirk, Scotland

  4. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

  5. Fran

    Fran Guest

    [email protected] said...
    > We had a dusting of white stuff this afternoon but nothing heavy in the hills yet - another hour
    > praps? 12 miles East of Merthyr I is.

    Ebbw Vale sort of area? We had snow here as well, not quite as far from Merthyr in the opposite
    direction (Rhondda)
    --
    Fran If you need my email address please ask.

  6. Chris Street

    Chris Street Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:19:31 -0000, "Paul Saunders"
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Good grief! It's actually snowing in Swansea! First time for years!
    >
    >http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk/misc/snow/snow1.jpg
    >
    >http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk/misc/snow/snow2.jpg
    >
    >And for those that prefer the dreamy effect... http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk/misc/snow/snow3.jpg
    >
    >Paul

    Admit it Paul - you just got jealous that you had no snow so you photographed a poorly tuned TV now
    didn't you!

    Going down to threecliffs to get some more snowy shots this morning?
    --
    79.84% of all statistics are made up on the spot. The other 42% are made up later on. In Warwick -
    looking at flat fields and that includes the castle.

  7. Chris Street wrote:

    > Admit it Paul - you just got jealous that you had no snow so you photographed a poorly tuned TV
    > now didn't you!

    :)

    > Going down to threecliffs to get some more snowy shots this morning?

    I'd love to. In fact what I'd really like to do is go out and shoot some snow scenes by moonlight
    (or even without) using really long exposures with my new B capable 300D. Unfortunately I'm still
    dying with my latest cold, I'm in a state of lethargy due to the course of tablets I'm taking and
    can hardly speak because my throat is so sore.

    This is turning out to be a really crap winter for me. :-(

    Paul
    --
    http://www.wilderness-wales.co.uk
    http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk

  8. Bernard Hill

    Bernard Hill Guest

    In article <c1jmk6$3[email protected]>, Paul Saunders <[email protected]> writes
    >Bernard Hill wrote:
    >
    >> Well Paul I'm usually a fan of yours but the first two have to be the most boring pictures I've
    >> seen in a long time :-(
    >
    >How about this one then?
    >
    >http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk/misc/snow/car.jpg

    Hm. You're definitely losing your touch. Stick to mountains (in the snow if you like...)

    Bernard Hill Selkirk, Scotland

  9. Steve

    Steve Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 08:53:56 +0000, Bernard Hill
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>How about this one then?
    >>
    >>http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk/misc/snow/car.jpg

    Ah, I know what's happening here; you're dusting the area with flour to see which way the elephant
    is sneaking up on your car from; nice little machine before the elephant saw that advert and thought
    "I can do that", I bet ;-( ;-)

    SteveO

    NE Climbers & walkers chat forum; http://www.thenmc.org.uk/phpBB2/index.php

    NMC website: http://www.thenmc.org.uk

  10. Ste Mc ©

    Ste Mc © Guest

    "Paul Saunders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Bernard Hill wrote:
    >
    > > Well Paul I'm usually a fan of yours but the first two have to be the most boring pictures I've
    > > seen in a long time :-(
    >
    > How about this one then?
    >
    > http://www.wildwales.fsnet.co.uk/misc/snow/car.jpg

    Well it can't be your car, can it? I thought you had a banger? But surely you wouldn't publish
    someone elses registration plate on the web would you, without blurring it first? :)

    > Paul

    Ste

  11. Ste Mc ©

    Ste Mc © Guest

    "Paul Saunders" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Gordon wrote:
    >
    > > I liked the Sky At Night, by Patrick Mower:

    > Do you recognise any of the constellations? ;-)
    >
    > I don't get the Patrick Mower reference.

    Patrick Moore presents the Sky at Night. Could this be the reference? :-s

    > By the way, would you believe that the auto-focus focused on the fast falling snow flakes? With a
    > rasping b-b-b-b-beep as they fell?

    Good to hear it's working! Did you try any with manual focus? ;-)

    > Paul

    Ste

  12. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    Paul Saunders <[email protected]> wrote
    >Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> I liked the Sky At Night, by Patrick Mower:

    >Do you recognise any of the constellations? ;-)

    No, I am hopeless at astral navigation, probably because I don't find the subject interesting until
    they get a probe with a camera close to one of them.

    >I don't get the Patrick Mower reference.

    Patrick Moore, deliberate miss-speeling. :)

    >By the way, would you believe that the auto-focus focused on the fast falling snow flakes? With a
    >rasping b-b-b-b-beep as they fell?

    I thought you had switched off the beep? :)

    OK - sounds good. I'll get one. What is it and how much, and does it take AA cells or have a fancy
    expensive special battery?

    How much does it weigh, and what is the hop-tickle zoom range?
    --
    Gordon

  13. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    Paul Saunders <[email protected]> wrote
    >Bernard Hill wrote:
    >
    >> Well Paul I'm usually a fan of yours but the first two have to be the most boring pictures I've
    >> seen in a long time :-(
    >
    >Snaps.

    You had been drinking Schapps?
    --
    Gordon

  14. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    Paul Saunders <[email protected]> wrote
    >Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> I thought you had switched off the beep? :)
    >
    >Not on this one. It's very quiet and doesn't beep often. Quite reassuring to hear the focus beep to
    >confirm that it's locked focus.
    >
    >> OK - sounds good. I'll get one. What is it and how much, and does it take AA cells or have a
    >> fancy expensive special battery?
    >
    >Canon 300D.
    >
    >£800 with lens (price matched from internet).
    >
    >Fancy expensive special battery which lasts way longer than that AA crap.
    >
    >> How much does it weigh, and what is the hop-tickle zoom range?
    >
    >Around 900g all in, zoom equivalent to 29-88mm.
    >
    >Paul

    Ta.
    --
    Gordon