Snowdonia conditions

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Chris Street, Mar 6, 2004.

  1. Chris Street

    Chris Street Guest

    With reference to the snow part... could anyone give me
    quick note on the current conditions underfoot, esp. with
    regard to Crib Goch and the PYG track?

    TIA
    --
    79.84% of all statistics are made up on the spot. The other
    42% are made up later on. In Warwick - looking at flat

    Tags:

  2. Andy Harbach

    Andy Harbach Guest

    Chris Street wrote:
    > With reference to the snow part... could anyone give me
    > quick note on the current conditions underfoot, esp. with
    > regard to Crib Goch and the PYG track?

    Although I have not been out this weekend (on-call for work
    unfortunately), looking from Bangor the snow seems to be
    mainly patchy. It does have a tendency to stick more around
    the upper parts of the Pyg track.

    The mountain forecast for today does mention snow showers
    http://www.met-
    office.gov.uk/loutdoor/mountainsafety/snowdonia.html

    Best wishes,

    --
    Andy Harbach email: [email protected] Walking in
    Snowdonia: http://www.walk-snowdonia.co.uk UK Conditions

  3. On Sat, 06 Mar 2004 19:09:36 GMT, [email protected] (Chris
    Street) wrote:

    >With reference to the snow part... could anyone give me
    >quick note on the current conditions underfoot, esp. with
    >regard to Crib Goch and the PYG track?
    >
    >TIA

    Judging by the webcams here http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/thread-
    view.asp?threadid=9539&posts=1 I'd expect a fair amount of
    snow and ice on these routes - particularly as it's been
    below freezing over night (and there's more snow forecast).