So, After the Argus what next?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Black_Knight, Mar 18, 2003.

1. Black_Knight

Black_Knight New Member

As usual the Argus has come and gone. PBs have been made :D and missed :mad:. Now comes the downer, the feeling that there had to be more in the race than you got. Maybe doesn't happen to everyone but it does to me.
    The question whatever be the case is, what next?.:confused:
    For me the training continues. Tour d'urban, maybe the Lesotho tour then the build up to the lost city in August. I still don't have the seeding I crave. :eek:

Tags:

2. RalleighOke

RalleighOke New Member

Hi Black_Knight,

I would not recommend you do the Cansa Lost City. I have heard from quite a lot of other cyclists that the race is probably the most unsafe race with lots of accidents. It's not a full road closure and have as yet to hear some good reviews from fellow cyclists.

Why not try the Alberante BMW challenge, I think it is in August but don't quite me on that. As for me, I will be focussing all my training on the next big race 94,7. It will be my first one and I want to complete it in 3:30 hours max.

3. Mampara

Mampara New Member

My schedule includes the Wilro 100 next weekend and then Tour Durban. After winter there is Carousel, Lost City, Tour de Gold, Race for Victory, Amashovashova and finaly the 94.7. Pretty busy calendar and then it all starts again.

4. reynhardt

reynhardt New Member

Jeez... you boys do a lot of big races during the year!!!
    For me the argus is basically the big event of the year... although I do countless funrides (almost every weekend) organised by the western cape PPA. The downer is that there are only two rides left over before the winter kicks in.. which means only mtb races, since it'll start pissing down with rain for many a week:(

But alas... there is indeed an upside to this misery. I can finally swing the golf clubs again... not to mention all the scuba diving, which btw is best in the winter months.
    So unless there is someone out there with a kind heart who will sponsor me for an indoor trainer, the cycling is unfortunately going to take a bit of a back seat!!!

5. Jaco

Jaco New Member

For me training also continues since I'll be doing the Tour D'urban. Must say, the motivation to train is not as high as it was before the Argus.

Thought of doing the Wilro but decided against it ... Mampara, it was good to see you again. Saw Mampara going up Krugersdorp hill on Sunday after Black Night and the boys dropped me.

After the Tour Durban I'll try to maintain some fitness (spinning during the week & a ride on the weekend) until base training starts somewhere towards the end of July. My goal for next season is to break 3 hours in the 94.7.

6. Lazy legs

Lazy legs New Member

I'm going to try and do the Tour D'urban, Lost City and Amashova before the 94.7; but my main aim will be to stay fit throughout the winter.

7. Fooz

Fooz New Member

You guys ever thought of taking up mountainbiking. There's some great enduro events as part of the Drifter series. I did the 86km enduro in Knysna a few weekends ago, and next big one is Karoo-to-Coast,...100km's over a mountain range...on a mountain bike. No drafting, no large bunches, and nature trying to toss you from the bike (oh and mud etc if it rains). Suddenly those fast 80km funrides just aren't enough :D