Portland Fit meets every Saturday morning. The longer the runs are, the
earlier we meet, and the slower you are, the earlier your start time... So
I had to be there by 7am! I was really dreading 7 miles. I had never gone
this far before. But I decided I would really pace myself, and talk to
people, enjoy the scenery, and focus on the journey, rather than the
destination. I have had a sort of breakthrough week - my form has been such
that my body just felt like it took a pounding every time I ran. Somehow,
with really concentrating on my body, rather than pace, I settled into a
much more comfortable rythm, and I sailed through the 7 miles with energy to
spare. It was a great morning for a run - and we ran along the Willamette
river, which was scenic. I did those 7 miles, and when I was heading back
into the parking lot, I was so amazed! This was the first time I had ever
run, that the first and last mile didn't totally suck.
I must be doing something right...;-)