So Goatage on or not?

J

Jules

After all that discussion... what was the actual outome?

On 2006-04-06, Jules <[email protected]> wrote:
> After all that discussion... what was the actual outome?

I got the impression that the crowd will rock up as the Goat opens, and
then disappear for some event afterwards. (Much as I'd like to tag along
to that, I can't -- have to be up early tomorrow.)

Having said that, though, if you want to rock up to Goat and catch up
with me (it's been how many years now? ... at a guess, I'd say around
12-13 ... my $DEITY, where does the time go?), I'm up for it, even if
nobody else is going to rock up.

--
My Usenet From: address now expires after two weeks. If you email me, and
the mail bounces, try changing the bit before the "@" to "usenet".

Update on state-of-play regarding the most recent PubBUG news alert....

We're off to the Celluloid Cycles 6pm session, then probably staying in the CBD for quiet beerage, or getting tix to the 8.30pm session. Depends if tickets have sold out, and my sh!tty head cold.

So folks, exercise your free will and work out what you'd like to do. Remember, Goat is open every Friday evening, and our next Goatage session is planned for April 14.

cfsmtb said:
Update on state-of-play regarding the most recent PubBUG news alert....

We're off to the Celluloid Cycles 6pm session, then probably staying in the CBD for quiet beerage, or getting tix to the 8.30pm session. Depends if tickets have sold out, and my sh!tty head cold.

So folks, exercise your free will and work out what you'd like to do. Remember, Goat is open every Friday evening, and our next Goatage session is planned for April 14.
That's Good Friday.

ghostgum said:
That's Good Friday.

Next Goat is 21 April. Mea culpa!

{Melb} April BikeFun calendar
http://www.cyclingforums.com/t327702.html

Fri 7 & 21 Apr - PubBUG: Fortnightly Goatage
Approx 6pm, Mountain Goat Brewery. Warehouse 1, 18 River Street, Richmond (entrance is on North Street just by the corner of Clarke St) Goat Management allows your trusty bike to be parked inside the premises & the doorbloke is very nice.

Jules said:
After all that discussion... what was the actual outome?

After all that I came over feeling dreadful about midday, pt'd home and promptly fell into bed for several hours. Grumpy at having missed all the fun.

Resound said:
After all that I came over feeling dreadful about midday, pt'd home and promptly fell into bed for several hours. Grumpy at having missed all the fun.

In news that should cheer you up, the next one is 21 April.

Also please pencil in this upcoming **Bicycle Extravaganza Extravaganza**

More old bicycles, idle chatter about bicycles, goatage, beer and bike nerds than you can poke a pointy spoke at.

And you're all invited!

Friday 5 May: Farren Bicycle Collection + Mountain Goat Brewery:

6pm - 131 Brighton Street, Richmond (Melways 58 F1)
Come along, mingle with fellow cyclists, and view the amazing vintage bicycles & tricycles collection.

Later during the evening we can adjourn to the Mountain Goat Brewery (cnr of River & Clarke St, Richmond) Goat Management allows your trusty bike to be parked inside the premises & the doorbloke is very nice. (where have we heard that before?)

cfsmtb said:
In news that should cheer you up, the next one is 21 April.

Also please pencil in this upcoming **Bicycle Extravaganza Extravaganza**

More old bicycles, idle chatter about bicycles, goatage, beer and bike nerds than you can poke a pointy spoke at.

And you're all invited!

Friday 5 May: Farren Bicycle Collection + Mountain Goat Brewery:

6pm - 131 Brighton Street, Richmond (Melways 58 F1)
Come along, mingle with fellow cyclists, and view the amazing vintage bicycles & tricycles collection.

Later during the evening we can adjourn to the Mountain Goat Brewery (cnr of River & Clarke St, Richmond) Goat Management allows your trusty bike to be parked inside the premises & the doorbloke is very nice. (where have we heard that before?)

Did a quick google on the Farren bicycle collection. It looks way funky, but then I'm a sucker for vintage machinery of almost any type.