So happy with my Polar Power Service!

JTE83

Jan 28, 2004
For those of you that use Polar, their service is awesome, but a little flawed because they don't keep you in track of what's going on. I had to have a new wrist strap for my S720i - several wrist stops were stripped. Then my powermeter had a broken speed sensor and cadence sensor. I sent it in to the Dallas repair shop, then they email that they had to send it to NY because they didn't have some test equipment for the powermeter. I emailed for status but they didn't reply.

Mailed 10-20 from Post Office, 10-24 Polar email from Dallas, 11-7 received my repair back in the mail.

Open up my package - wow! It's like my S720i is BRAND NEW! For 4 years of abuse, I accidently dropped it once and the metal piece broke off, which I reglued back on. Also, there were some pixel drops on the LCD. Well, they gave me a new metal cover and a new LCD screen for $39.00! New wrist strap for $12.95. Powermeter fix - they only charged $24.95 for a speed sensor fix but they repaired both the speed sensor and cadence sensor!

I gloating over my brand new looking S720i!

Total charge for repair - $76.94 + $5 shipping!

How good has service been with your Polar stuff?

One of the clips broke on the back of my cs100 computer when it was a couple of weeks old. Sent it back and they replaced the whole back free of charge. Got it back 4 days after sending it. The guy on the phone was nice too, unusual to get a helpful call centre these days...