So how was it for you?

I wish I could learn how to cook tamales. I could not find the "masa" though I wonder if there is a good substitute for it. What are those berries beside it? These tamales look lovely

Those are olives that are put into the tamales, not berries. :)

Around here we go to a Mexican market. Have a few around her but the most popular right now is a growing chain named "Cardenas Market". It's a good idea to go in a week or so before and find out what the program is. Some will want you to order the masa a few days ahead.

We order the masa and pick it the morning of Christmas Eve in order to make the tamales that day. Then we will add some chile meat sauce (mole) to the masa to give it some flavor spicing it up a bit.

Very enjoyable - better than my Thanksgiving went, I couldn't eat any of the turkey my stepmother prepared for Thanksgiving because the stuffing she cooked in the bird had mushrooms in it, which I discovered earlier this year that I'm allergic to...

I actually quit my job on Christmas Eve, and I had been sick throughout the whole month of December, so it wasn't really the best holiday for me. Luckily, I got some nice soap and got to spend the day with the people I love, so it was worth it.

I actually quit my job on Christmas Eve, and I had been sick throughout the whole month of December, so it wasn't really the best holiday for me. Luckily, I got some nice soap and got to spend the day with the people I love, so it was worth it.
I hope you are feeling better now. I was sick most of December and all of January so far. Between getting older and SAD, this has been a hard winter . I'm looking forward to a long hot bath this evening to try and break some of this up. ..