So I got ran off the road today and i need a new wheel or wheels

Shak180

Feb 10, 2011
Long story short someone didn't want to miss their right turn and I had to swerve into a gutter to save my life.

Front wheel survived but the back wheel popped the tire and put a nasty outward dent in the wheel I'm not sure if it's repairable I'll take some pictures and post them up tomorrow evening.

In the meantime I was looking for some recommendations on good wheels I should look for on my local craigslist.

my current wheels the one that is damaged and the one that survived are spinergy sr-3's.

What do you guys think of these wheels? sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/bik/2319479519.html

Sorry to hear about your scary encounter. Drivers up here in MT aren't so good either and unfortunately I have seen plenty of those types of situations.
Ahywho, do you have any sort of desired price/weight range? Also, what is your weight? This will make it much easier to determine which wheels to go with.

Good thing your OK. We call that a right hook where Im from. Fineable in Massachussetts although I never heard of anyone ticketed.
Not sure what its like where you ride but I tend to avoid neighborhoods in the suburban areas. Folks backing out of driveways are the biggest PITA. Watch out for them.

If you've flared the rim, odds are the rim is toast as every time you apply the brakes they'll grab at the flared-out spot--no matter how carefully you try to repair the rim.

Yah I'm okay minus a really sore tail bone. I took the wheel down to my bike shop they said it is non repairable so they are going to build me a new one. The owner is trying to source me a correct blank at the moment. He was also nice enough to let me ride on one of their spare rims in the mean time a Mavic of some sort.