So, I was banned

Xsmoker

Apr 25, 2003
From bikeforums.net for calling someone a "total fraud and douche nozzle troll".. Is that really a banable offense?

The guy plays the part of an atheist in the P&R forum and then talks about how he can't wait to see a performance of Handel's Messiah so I called him on it.

If your assertion is that only Christians or people of Faith (ie, non-aetheists) are allowed to enjoy the sounds of a particular musical performance, then I suppose that could have been stated better. Alternatively, a little introspection into one's own assertions before posting can go a long way towards avoiding unnecessary conflicts, unless that's in fact the desired outcome.

Also, if someone has trouble in dealing with the personalities, beliefs and practices of others then they should probably stick to the bike-specific forums rather than the less-structured chit-chat or soap-box forums.

Generally, I would say name inflammatory name-calling in response to seemingly reasonable statements makes a discussion forum unpleasant and should result in removal of members who repeatedly demonstrate an inability to constructively participate in the discussions. So.... yes.

He calls people of faith "stupid" and "gullible" and asks them for proof of their God. He insults the whole group of people and then reports me for insulting him, what a hypocrite. So why does he want to see Handel's Messiah?

Not sure. Just so you know, the mods are taking a more active role here too, although it seems like they grant a warning or two. Welcome back!

Xsmoker said:
He calls people of faith "stupid" and "gullible" and asks them for proof of their God. He insults the whole group of people and then reports me for insulting him, what a hypocrite. So why does he want to see Handel's Messiah?

Who cares? Maybe he likes it for artistic value. Seems a bit too much drama for nothing.

i have issues everywhere and i do mean everywhere but that was one helluva misguided cycling forum and i let it be know that i wasn't going to take **** from the likes of that phuckTom Sturcrowe or whatever. i told him i felt sorry for his nephew for having him as an uncle.

Just curious.What is the P&R forum?Bike forums has a crappy new look so your not missing anything.i've seen many bf members on different forums since the new format was started.

roadhouse said:
i have issues everywhere and i do mean everywhere but that was one helluva misguided cycling forum and i let it be know that i wasn't going to take **** from the likes of that phuckTom Sturcrowe or whatever. i told him i felt sorry for his nephew for having him as an uncle.

Wow! No way! You really told them! You learned them a lesson real good. :rolleyes:

its O.K. too blast and put down Christians If they dont turn the other cheek and take it they are the bad guys.Did the a__hole who bashes believers also get banned?

vincev said:
its O.K. too blast and put down Christians If they dont turn the other cheek and take it they are the bad guys.Did the a__hole who bashes believers also get banned?

No, BF must be an atheist organization.

Xsmoker said:
No, BF must be an atheist organization.

Oh? How so? Because that's your perception? Why don't you take your little drama, that's got you in a tizzy, elsewhere. Go to the Soapbox if you feel the need to start throwing around religious insight or proclamations. Otherwise, grow up a tad.

I've seen much worse on some other forums, but if you are violating posted guidelines then the forum has every right to ban you.
I try to keep my flare ups in proper English with a hint of sarcasm.
I wouldn't worry about it too much, spending 24 hours in a cold jail cell because some Insurance Company has screwed up your car insurance is much worse.

cyberlegend1994 said:
That depends on the forum and rules of the thread. They also ban people for 'Rick-rolling'.

Moving this thread to the Soap Box.
WTF is Rick-rolling:confused:?

kdelong said:
WTF is Rick-rolling:confused:?

Wikipedia definition of Rickrolling

You could have just Bing'ed it...
bing.gif

alienator said:
Oh? How so? Because that's your perception? Why don't you take your little drama, that's got you in a tizzy, elsewhere. Go to the Soapbox if you feel the need to start throwing around religious insight or proclamations. Otherwise, grow up a tad.

I'm hurt