So i went to the show today...

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jon Bond, Feb 25, 2004.

  1. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    THE GUN SHOW! (FLEX!)

    So I got a personal trainer about 5 weeks ago, and started my weight training 3 weeks ago. Since I
    started weight training, I've packed on at least 4 pounds.

    oh yeah, and I got a new camera too, so its a good excuse to fool around with the self timer!

    http://www.pbase.com/jonbond/grr

    Yeah, it ain't big, but its a helluva lot more than I had before - especially after sitting around
    for 2-3 months after my crash last semester, where I lost a ton of muscle.

    I figure if i con't mention it again in a few weeks people will bug me - it'll be good motivation to
    keep going. besides the fact its making me buff.

    Jon "Gunshow" Bond

    Tags:

  2. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:08:24 GMT, Jon Bond wrote:
    > THE GUN SHOW! (FLEX!)

    As a librarian once said in response to my selected material: "oh, my".

    > So I got a personal trainer about 5 weeks ago, and started my weight training 3 weeks ago. Since I
    > started weight training, I've packed on at least 4 pounds.

    Doesn't sound like much, but you gotta remember for Jon that's like 5-10%. ;-)

  3. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "BB" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:08:24 GMT, Jon Bond wrote:
    > > THE GUN SHOW! (FLEX!)
    >
    > As a librarian once said in response to my selected material: "oh, my".
    >
    > > So I got a personal trainer about 5 weeks ago, and started my weight training 3 weeks ago. Since
    > > I started weight training, I've packed on
    at
    > > least 4 pounds.
    >
    > Doesn't sound like much, but you gotta remember for Jon that's like 5-10%. ;-)
    >
    > --
    > -BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail address, at least)

    haha, very funny you. Its closer to 3%.... actually, pretty dead on 3%.

    But before you make fun of me for being skinny, remember that my bodyfat percentage is 6% - so watch
    it or I'll call ya all fat tubs o' lard!

    And yeah, I've been doing lots of leg stuff too... very little cardio at the moment, because as my
    trainer said "With your metabolism, you start doing lots of cardio and you'd need to live in the
    dining hall to not lose weight" - but thats what summer's for!

    Jon "I almost got arrested the other day... for CONCEALED WEAPONS!" Bond

  4. Penny S

    Penny S Guest

    Jon Bond stood on a soapbox and shouted to anyone who would listen :
    > THE GUN SHOW! (FLEX!)
    >
    > So I got a personal trainer about 5 weeks ago, and started my weight training 3 weeks ago. Since I
    > started weight training, I've packed on at least 4 pounds.
    >
    > oh yeah, and I got a new camera too, so its a good excuse to fool around with the self timer!
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/jonbond/grr

    very good what about the tricetps. Go Jon, I was alwyas a sucker for that "sapling" look in my
    younger days.

    penny

  5. S o r n i

    S o r n i Guest

    Jon Bond wrote:
    > THE GUN SHOW! (FLEX!)
    >
    > So I got a personal trainer about 5 weeks ago, and started my weight training 3 weeks ago. Since I
    > started weight training, I've packed on at least 4 pounds.
    >
    > oh yeah, and I got a new camera too, so its a good excuse to fool around with the self timer!
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/jonbond/grr

    That spaghetti ain't done yet!

    Bill "damned lean kids" S.

  6. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

    On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:08:24 +0000, Jon Bond wrote:

    > So I got a personal trainer about 5 weeks ago, and started my weight training 3 weeks ago. Since I
    > started weight training, I've packed on at least 4 pounds.

    I put that on during a good beer and pizza session :)

    > oh yeah, and I got a new camera too, so its a good excuse to fool around with the self timer!
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/jonbond/grr

    Stacked!

    Check out this guy: http://www.johnstonefitness.com/all/front/m.html

  7. Bomba

    Bomba Guest

  8. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Jon Bond wrote:
    > THE GUN SHOW! (FLEX!)
    >
    > So I got a personal trainer about 5 weeks ago, and started my weight training 3 weeks ago. Since I
    > started weight training, I've packed on at least 4 pounds.
    >
    > oh yeah, and I got a new camera too, so its a good excuse to fool around with the self timer!
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/jonbond/grr
    >
    > Jon "Gunshow" Bond

    Cool... why don't you post some pix of her face too. That was your GF's arm, right?!?!?

    --
    Slacker

  9. Jd

    Jd Guest

  10. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

  11. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    > Jon Bond wrote:
    > > THE GUN SHOW! (FLEX!)
    > >
    > > So I got a personal trainer about 5 weeks ago, and started my weight training 3 weeks ago. Since
    > > I started weight training, I've packed on at least 4 pounds.
    > >
    > > oh yeah, and I got a new camera too, so its a good excuse to fool around with the self timer!
    > >
    > > http://www.pbase.com/jonbond/grr
    > >
    > > Jon "Gunshow" Bond
    >

    > Cool... why don't you post some pix of her face too. That was your GF's arm, right?!?!?
    >
    > --
    > Slacker

    Yeah - that hairy armpit is getting to me though, I gotta convince her to shave one of these days.

    Jon "excuse me while I... I mean... my girlfriend cries now ;)" Bond

  12. Gazzer

    Gazzer Guest

    "

    > Cool... why don't you post some pix of her face too. That was your GF's arm, right?!?!?

    that was harsh

  13. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "gazzer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > "
    > >
    > > Cool... why don't you post some pix of her face too. That was your GF's arm, right?!?!?
    >

    > that was harsh

    Slack knows I can take it. And he feels like he's gotta make himself more manly because he's too
    much of a pussy to ride up AND down the hill.

    Jon "Rode his bike up to the start of DH courses last fall... and DS courses. And got 3rd
    in DS" Bond

  14. Tcmedara

    Tcmedara Guest

    gazzer <[email protected]> wrote:
    > "
    >>
    >> Cool... why don't you post some pix of her face too. That was your GF's arm, right?!?!?
    >

    > that was harsh

    ...but damn funny, so that makes it okay.

    Tom (loves humor at others expense)

  15. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "tcmedara" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:sST%[email protected]...
    > gazzer <[email protected]> wrote:
    > > "
    > >>
    > >> Cool... why don't you post some pix of her face too. That was your GF's arm, right?!?!?
    > >

    > > that was harsh
    >
    > ...but damn funny, so that makes it okay.
    >
    > Tom (loves humor at others expense)

    Whatever you say gimpy ;)

    Jon "Shoulder Injuries SUCK" Bond

  16. Tcmedara

    Tcmedara Guest

    Jon Bond <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Whatever you say gimpy ;)
    >
    > Jon "Shoulder Injuries SUCK" Bond

    Yeah, at least if it was my knee I coulda talked the doc into giving me one of those temporary
    handicapped parking passes. I was walking out of my office the yesterday with my coat on one arm and
    draped over the other shoulder. One of my guys said I looked like Col Klink! The indignity!

    Tom (never worn a monocle)

  17. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<gWR%[email protected]>...
    > > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<c98%[email protected]>...
    > > > THE GUN SHOW! (FLEX!) http://www.pbase.com/jonbond/grr
    > >
    > > Hey Jon, there's a string hangin' from your sleeve...oh, that's your arm.
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > Man, good thing you told me what it was, I was just about to cut it off.
    >
    > Looks like you've got some long nasty lookin' fungus growing on your head there, though....
    >
    > Jon "Give and Take" Bond

    That's funny, especially with my 35-10 compliant hair right now.

    JD former stick-boy

  18. Tcmedara

    Tcmedara Guest

    JD <[email protected]> wrote:

    > That's funny, especially with my 35-10 compliant hair right now.
    >
    > JD former stick-boy

    35-10...that's pretty old school JD. Been awhile since I heard that one. That went out about
    10 years ago in some unknown reason in a fit of renumbering. To this day, I don't even know
    the new one.

    Tom (still gets haircut regularly)

  19. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "tcmedara" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > JD <[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > > That's funny, especially with my 35-10 compliant hair right now.
    > >
    > > JD former stick-boy
    >
    > 35-10...that's pretty old school JD. Been awhile since I heard that one. That went out about 10
    > years ago in some unknown reason in a fit of renumbering. To this day, I don't even know the
    > new one.

    I *am* old school, Tom. I still remember a lot of MAC Reg 3-3 and FAA 7110.65 to this date.

    JD