So, LBS Guy, how long to true these?

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by hippy, Sep 20, 2004.

  1. eddiec

    eddiec New Member

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2004
  2. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "eddiec" <[email protected]

    > hippy Wrote:
    > > http://tinyurl.com/4334u
    > >
    > > hippy

    > "it is actually a downhill bike"...
    >
    > pardon?? skinny tyres, no suspension, no chain device, road pedals,
    > calipers, drop bars... that'd be one hell of a downhill experience...

    Yeah, not sure what that's about.. maybe they
    mean it's so heavy you'd only want to ride it down
    hill? :) Jeff J.. where are you?

    hippy

  3. sinus

    sinus New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 25, 2004
    exactly

    "Morpheos is actually a downhill bike, designed for one final descent to Hades."

    is that irony?

  4. mfhor

    mfhor New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2004
    Just the cyclingnews correspondents getting bored again. I must be a real drag, getting to look at bike p0rn all day.

    Hippy, you KNOW the thing you do with plastic bike wheels when they get bent is put them in the freezer for a while. Stop trying to bait me.

    M"assumes he is the LBS droid Hip is talking about" H

  5. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "mfhor" <[email protected]
    > Just the cyclingnews correspondents getting bored again. I must be a
    > real drag, getting to look at bike p0rn all day.

    Yeah.. I really feel for those guys.. :p
    (gimme a job! gimme a job!)

    > Hippy, you KNOW the thing you do with plastic bike wheels when they get
    > bent is put them in the freezer for a while. Stop trying to bait me.

    But my freezer isn't that big.. will the fridge do?
    Do I need to defrost at some point?

    > M"assumes he is the LBS droid Hip is talking about" H

    Nup.. it was just a general statement, with no individual
    in mind. I prefer to use my own subject lines rather than
    steal the cyclingnews ones :)

    hippy

  6. aeek

    aeek New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2004
    I'd have to cut up the wheel to get them into the freezer - guess it woulkdn't be a truing issue then!

    How about these wheels?
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/tech/shows/?id=eicma/part3/em42-pegoretti

  7. hippy

    hippy Guest

  8. Parbs

    Parbs Guest

    "hippy" wrote in message ...
    > "aeek" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]
    > > How about these wheels?
    > >

    > http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2004/tech/shows/?id=eicma/part3/em42-pegoretti
    >
    > That's a REALLY nice bike! I don't want
    > wood rims but gimme some alu ones anodized
    > the same colour, remove the rack, etc..
    >
    > Actually, just gimme an ss mtb in the same
    > colours - that looks cool (never thought I'd
    > say that about anything 'cream' or 'brown').
    >
    > hippy

    It's not brown, but it does have similar mudguards

    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=48979 scroll about half way down

    The Super Girl accessory looks great too, anyone know where I can get one?

    Parbs

  9. hippy

    hippy Guest

    "Parbs" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]
    > It's not brown, but it does have similar mudguards
    > http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=48979 scroll about half way down

    It was the frame I liked the most. The colour pleased me for
    some reason. Mudguards still don't interest me. :)

    > The Super Girl accessory looks great too, anyone know where I can get one?

    Nice... uh... wheels.

    No, really, I want some tri-spokes, spinergy's, etc.
    Just for their porn value.

    hippy