So much bickering...

FasterthanU

Jun 29, 2004
I'm doing a search of the archives right now. I'm trying to find out the proper distance between the inner chainring and the chainstay. I've got an old 70s book that says "a healthy 10mm" is correct, but I'm looking for some concurring evidence. ANYWAY, as I've been reading through postings, I've come across all of these little ego battles. People are acting like jerks. I belong to several other forums, non-bicycle related-- and there isn't this significant amount of mouthing-off between one another. Is it just the competitive nature of sports working its way in? I know this is an inference. Tell me if it's wrong. This is just a message letting others know that online etiquette does exist and is greatly appreciated. Please be a kind and well-mannered poster so we can all have a good time talking about a sport we love. We can't just take a conversation elsewhere when the person across the table is making nasty comments. Forgiveness is great though. I'm sorry some of you are so confused as to treat others so poorly. Peace, Chauncey

P.S. - You have got to find my member alias completely hilarious! I mean it in such a sarcastic way though.... :)

I'm doing a search of the archives right now. I'm trying to find out the proper distance between the inner chainring and the chainstay. I've got an old 70s book that says "a healthy 10mm" is correct, but I'm looking for some concurring evidence. ANYWAY, as I've been reading through postings, I've come across all of these little ego battles. People are acting like jerks. I belong to several other forums, non-bicycle related-- and there isn't this significant amount of mouthing-off between one another. Is it just the competitive nature of sports working its way in? I know this is an inference. Tell me if it's wrong. This is just a message letting others know that online etiquette does exist and is greatly appreciated. Please be a kind and well-mannered poster so we can all have a good time talking about a sport we love. We can't just take a conversation elsewhere when the person across the table is making nasty comments. Forgiveness is great though. I'm sorry some of you are so confused as to treat others so poorly. Peace, Chauncey

P.S. - You have got to find my member alias completely hilarious! I mean it in such a sarcastic way though.... :)
I'm sure that Andrew has the answer but he has to know how many speeds since the distance between rings is predicated on the width of the chain. And since the 6 speed they have been growing progressively narrower.