So, my bike is my main source of transportation...

lil bunnyFooFoo

Sep 2, 2006
and I've got a drug test coming up for a new job. Do any of you think that I would have any trouble passing the drug test if I used my bike to get to the facility? I hear of a lot of cyclist having troubles passing drug tests these days, and I was wondering if there was some thing that was being transferred from the saddle to the posterior that would cause for an individual to fail a drug test.

:) I like your sense of humor. (I'm assuming you're joking.) So let's see, forgo the poppy seed muffin, and ride out of the saddle all the way into work that morning.

...and some folks will say it all depends on which French lab your company send the samples off to for analysis.

I'd be curious about the design of your saddle, for starters, to be able to make that kind of transfer; or do you just have the seatpost :rolleyes:.
Also, shouldn't you be wearing knicks or something??!!.:eek:

Well Mr. Foo Foo,

Since THC is fat soluble, the fact that you burn fat on your bike trip may cause all that weed you've been smoking to appear on the test, even though you had waited what is normally considered long enough.

garage sale GT said:
Well Mr. Foo Foo,

Since THC is fat soluble, the fact that you burn fat on your bike trip may cause all that weed you've been smoking to appear on the test, even though you had waited what is normally considered long enough.
I don't do weed. I've got better things to do, like bop feild mice.

lil bunnyFooFoo said:
and I've got a drug test coming up for a new job. Do any of you think that I would have any trouble passing the drug test if I used my bike to get to the facility? I hear of a lot of cyclist having troubles passing drug tests these days, and I was wondering if there was some thing that was being transferred from the saddle to the posterior that would cause for an individual to fail a drug test.
I am not sure, but I think this may be the first I have heard of this.:eek:

What happened to that basic understanding of science fundamentals?

What' do schools teach these day? Virgin births are back! :D :eek:

So you were really worried, weren't you?

I assumed you were facetiously implying the burning of fat would dredge something up from long ago, perhaps to conceal the fact that you were REALLY worried the burning of all that fat would dredge something up from long ago.

I've gone twenty miles or more to reach a testing place by bike and there were no ill effects. I was using my commuter, too: department store coaster brake cruiser, 44/18, 40psi whitewalls. So there is no normal metabolite which looks like drugs to a dope test.

garage sale GT said:
So you were really worried, weren't you?

I assumed you were facetiously implying the burning of fat would dredge something up from long ago, perhaps to conceal the fact that you were REALLY worried the burning of all that fat would dredge something up from long ago.

I've gone twenty miles or more to reach a testing place by bike and there were no ill effects. I was using my commuter, too: department store coaster brake cruiser, 44/18, 40psi whitewalls. So there is no normal metabolite which looks like drugs to a dope test.

No. I was totally facetious. I know how drug tests work.

However, the fact that people here though I was really says something...

i love threads like this -- a combo of similar tongue-in-cheek humor, mixed with the silly sh^^s who think you're serious (most of those are people who take themselves too seriously, anyway.)

it wouldn't have been the saddle anyway -- it's the pollen kicked up by your spinning tires! hope you walked sloooooowly!!

yep, i'm addicted -- to the pedaler's high; the only drug that's good for you! ahhh -- endorphins.