So...Nationals

gmd_bike said:
well around here (indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky) they do not have Jr. Races. So i attempted to race Cat 5 last year but got dropped. This year I raced 5's and put in great results, best was a 2nd. I recently upgraded to Cat 4 for more of a training workout for nats. You did that Can Am race? how was that and howw good were those 2 winners i think there names were Justin Koelbl and Morgan Gerlak? Do you remember what you averaged.

Graham

Well Justin Koelbl is the national champion so he's really good. Morgan beat him in the time trial though. Justin won all the sprints and the time trial was all uphill so i guess Morgan is a better climber. The race was really hard because people came from all over north america. The canadian national team came. You had to get a top 15 finish in 1 race to get points so I didn't think I would get any because it's my first year and people from all over the country were there, but I got 15th in the road race. I dont remember my average speed cuz it's a stage race and I got dropped. It was somewhere around the 23-26mph I think. It was a long time ago so I dont remember exactly.

Colavita/ACT10 said:
Well Justin Koelbl is the national champion so he's really good. Morgan beat him in the time trial though. Justin won all the sprints and the time trial was all uphill so i guess Morgan is a better climber. The race was really hard because people came from all over north america. The canadian national team came. You had to get a top 15 finish in 1 race to get points so I didn't think I would get any because it's my first year and people from all over the country were there, but I got 15th in the road race. I dont remember my average speed cuz it's a stage race and I got dropped. It was somewhere around the 23-26mph I think. It was a long time ago so I dont remember exactly.

Not meaning to sound like a smart-ass or something, but... You said you averaged somewhere around 19 to 20mph, in a TT, yet you placed 15th in a road race averaging 23-26? Now, I know a TT, and a road race are totally different beasts, but 26mph? Was it all downhill?

aerojunkie2 said:
Not meaning to sound like a smart-ass or something, but... You said you averaged somewhere around 19 to 20mph, in a TT, yet you placed 15th in a road race averaging 23-26? Now, I know a TT, and a road race are totally different beasts, but 26mph? Was it all downhill?

Its my fault I confused things. There were 3 races. A time trial, crit, and a road race. In the crit I got dropped but my teammate said the average speed was around 23-26 mph. I forget what it exactly was because it was a month ago. That wasn't the average speed for the road race. My speed wasn't working for it so I don't know the average speed for the road race. How did you know I did the Can-Am?

Colavita/ACT10 said:
Its my fault I confused things. There were 3 races. A time trial, crit, and a road race. In the crit I got dropped but my teammate said the average speed was around 23-26 mph. I forget what it exactly was because it was a month ago. That wasn't the average speed for the road race. My speed wasn't working for it so I don't know the average speed for the road race. How did you know I did the Can-Am?

Just wondering, it sounded a little odd. My bad, I probably sounded like a jerk. As to where I heard of the can-am race you alked about it above with gmd_bike.

aerojunkie2 said:
Just wondering, it sounded a little odd. My bad, I probably sounded like a jerk. As to where I heard of the can-am race you alked about it above with gmd_bike.

I knew you did Can-Am because you were the only max sighned up for nationals and saw you on the can am results and plus I look up everyones race results on www.usacycling.com/results. Thanks for all the help. It looks like those 2 are the ones to watch out for. any other details about the race, did anyone attack. Sorry If I'm asking retarted questions, I have never raced with any juniors really and I want to get a feel before nats which will be so much fun.

Thanks,
Graham

gmd_bike said:
I knew you did Can-Am because you were the only max sighned up for nationals and saw you on the can am results and plus I look up everyones race results on www.usacycling.com/results. Thanks for all the help. It looks like those 2 are the ones to watch out for. any other details about the race, did anyone attack. Sorry If I'm asking retarted questions, I have never raced with any juniors really and I want to get a feel before nats which will be so much fun.

Thanks,
Graham

Yea i look up peoples results also. I know a couple of people signed up for nationals. Morgan attacks on hills most of the time. Justin attacks anywhere. I know Jacob Granigan. All my teammates in 10-12 beat him so hes no one to be concerned about. Zachary Ziolkowski I'm pretty sure raced in the Can-Am but I don't remember him. Nick Roeder is pretty good but I've only seen him in a time trial. Patrick Bastianelli usually only does tt's and hes pretty good at the them. I just joined his team also but I dont know him. Do you guys no any one?

Colavita/ACT10 said:
Yea i look up peoples results also. I know a couple of people signed up for nationals. Morgan attacks on hills most of the time. Justin attacks anywhere. I know Jacob Granigan. All my teammates in 10-12 beat him so hes no one to be concerned about. Zachary Ziolkowski I'm pretty sure raced in the Can-Am but I don't remember him. Nick Roeder is pretty good but I've only seen him in a time trial. Patrick Bastianelli usually only does tt's and hes pretty good at the them. I just joined his team also but I dont know him. Do you guys no any one?

Yes, This is my list of people I will get on if they go off the front,
Justin Koelbl, Morgan Gerlak,Daniel Tisdell(he placed in top ten at nats last year and he was only 13) Thomson Remo, Lawson Craddock and Broday Walker. Now those are all Uscf results I have looked at. There are people like me who the promoter does abr (american Bike Racing) instead of Uscf (Usacyclingfederation) So i have only done 2 Uscf races but I have done a ton of abr.

gmd_bike said:
Yes, This is my list of people I will get on if they go off the front,
Justin Koelbl, Morgan Gerlak,Daniel Tisdell(he placed in top ten at nats last year and he was only 13) Thomson Remo, Lawson Craddock and Broday Walker. Now those are all Uscf results I have looked at. There are people like me who the promoter does abr (american Bike Racing) instead of Uscf (Usacyclingfederation) So i have only done 2 Uscf races but I have done a ton of abr.

k. Did you actually see these people race, or are you just looking them up?

Colavita/ACT10 said:
k. Did you actually see these people race, or are you just looking them up?

Matt Spinks just signed up. I know him also. Hes very good at TT's. He won the New Jersey TT Championship. He's got all the tt equipment. Sometimes he breaks away right from the start so watch out for him. His teamate, Cam, also does, but hes not signed up yet. I think he might go. Watch out for him in the criterium. He got 3rd in the criterium at the Can-Am. Almost every race I do, Im always with them so I know what they do. There amazing. If Camsigns up, he'll probably get a podium spot for the crit at nationals. Matt Spinks might for the TT.

Colavita/ACT10 said:
Matt Spinks just signed up. I know him also. Hes very good at TT's. He won the New Jersey TT Championship. He's got all the tt equipment. Sometimes he breaks away right from the start so watch out for him. His teamate, Cam, also does, but hes not signed up yet. I think he might go. Watch out for him in the criterium. He got 3rd in the criterium at the Can-Am. Almost every race I do, Im always with them so I know what they do. There amazing. If Camsigns up, he'll probably get a podium spot for the crit at nationals. Matt Spinks might for the TT.

yea thanks, I just know these people from looking up. keep me up to date.

Graham

gmd_bike said:
yea thanks, I just know these people from looking up. keep me up to date.

Graham

k that kid Cam Mancuso signed up. Watch for an early breakaway from him and Matt Spinks right in the beginning of the race. Kevin Mcguire is from Florida but he came down to the NJ Road Race championships today and won. Cam Mancuso got second and Matt Spinks got third. They are all signed up so watch out for them.

Colavita/ACT10 said:
k that kid Cam Mancuso signed up. Watch for an early breakaway from him and Matt Spinks right in the beginning of the race. Kevin Mcguire is from Florida but he came down to the NJ Road Race championships today and won. Cam Mancuso got second and Matt Spinks got third. They are all signed up so watch out for them.
what place did you get?

KeSs said:
I live about 45 minutes away from Seven Springs. I have never raced in Nationals before and I wont be able to this year (cat 3's arent allowed to compete). As far as the terrain goes, you will literally be in the mountains so be prepared for some long/steep climbs. If you need any specific info about the area then just ask
Two of my mates will be racing 17-18 and they are both cat 3 racers, they have already registered:confused: I wish I could and I would go but I'm visiting my mom in Alaska durring that time.

Colavita/ACT10 said:
I got 5th for New Jersey out of 11 and 7th overall out of 13.

Ryan_velo, That sucks. Do you race that 2wheelsports series?

Max Nice job for the NJ race

gmd_bike said:
Ryan_velo, That sucks. Do you race that 2wheelsports series?

Max Nice job for the NJ race
Yes, but 2wheelsports canceled the tour of wabash this year which had some killer races but the jr. scene isn't really there. The jr scene in ohio & ten. is always really good & I hope to do a race in tennessee in two weeks.

aerojunkie2 said:
So, here we go. 3 days to Nationals... Good luck everyone..

Good, Luck! I am leaving this morning. I am staying at the days inn. and will be racing with yellow mob squad jersy's and shorts. If I dont see you guys there, we will visit this forum again after nats to see how we did :p Man am i excieted!!!! good luck

Graham

aerojunkie2 said:
So, here we go. 3 days to Nationals... Good luck everyone..

Good luck. Im on 2 teams so I may wear my America's Cycling Team stuff or probably my Colavita stuff. What's your name and what team are u on?

Colavita/ACT10 said:
Good luck. Im on 2 teams so I may wear my America's Cycling Team stuff or probably my Colavita stuff. What's your name and what team are u on?

Wow. That was one tough race. The TT was brutal, to say the least. How'd you guys finish? I jammed my gears on the run-up to the last hill, and had to walk back to the start. Maybe you guys saw me as I dragged my bike back. Interesting criterium. In the 13-14 race on the first turn into the infield, some idiot skidded out right in front of me! And I was making a move too! Oh, well. I couldn't recover and was pulled. After the rest day we had the RR, which should have been my strength, due to the hills. Unfortunatley, as I looked down to shift into my big chain ring on the top of the first hill I plowed into the toll booth. As I crashed I bent my handlebars to no return and ended up with a swollen ankle, bruises, and scrapes. The medic took me back and I was finished. I was with the lead group too! Oh, wa wa..... How'd your guys go?