So...Nationals

aerojunkie2 said:
Wow. That was one tough race. The TT was brutal, to say the least. How'd you guys finish? I jammed my gears on the run-up to the last hill, and had to walk back to the start. Maybe you guys saw me as I dragged my bike back. Interesting criterium. In the 13-14 race on the first turn into the infield, some idiot skidded out right in front of me! And I was making a move too! Oh, well. I couldn't recover and was pulled. After the rest day we had the RR, which should have been my strength, due to the hills. Unfortunatley, as I looked down to shift into my big chain ring on the top of the first hill I plowed into the toll booth. As I crashed I bent my handlebars to no return and ended up with a swollen ankle, bruises, and scrapes. The medic took me back and I was finished. I was with the lead group too! Oh, wa wa..... How'd your guys go?
That idiot who skidded in front of you was me :D. My breaks werent working. What is your name?

Colavita/ACT10 said:
That idiot who skidded in front of you was me :D. My breaks werent working. What is your name?

Hahah, you shoulda checked 'em before you raced! My name is Charlie Mitchell

aerojunkie2 said:
Hahah, you shoulda checked 'em before you raced! My name is Charlie Mitchell

sounds like you have a lot of excusses... :p

19th TT 10th Crit 10th RR

gmd_bike said:
Thats suxs, So yea I thought it was pretty sweet! how about you guys?

yea it was pretty sweet. The field was huge. I did so horrible though. I did the Tour de FCCC last weekend and this kid that was ahead of me at nationals was there and I passed him in the tt and he started a minute in front of me. I did horrible but it was a cool experience.

Colavita/ACT10 said:
yea it was pretty sweet. The field was huge. I did so horrible though. I did the Tour de FCCC last weekend and this kid that was ahead of me at nationals was there and I passed him in the tt and he started a minute in front of me. I did horrible but it was a cool experience.

Sweet NICE JOB DUDE!, You guys think you will go next year?

gmd_bike said:
Sweet NICE JOB DUDE!, You guys think you will go next year?

Mike Fraysee takes us every year because hes the president of the USCF, but I am going into 15-16 next year so I need to be a Cat. 3. It's only my first year so im only a cat. 5.

So nationals has been over for a while, but thought I'd post anyway...

I raced with the 17-18 women and did horrible, but it was fun anyway. On the hill that's about three miles after the turn around I dropped my chain and my foot popped out of my pedal at the same time, right in the middle of the hill. So that didn't do me any good. My team stayed in a condo directly across the street from the entrance to Seven Springs, so when we did team rides we were on part of the RR course. Some of those mountains/hills were killer. And I say that because I'm from Kansas ;). My team mate, John Funk, swept the 10-12 category though and we had some good finisher in the 15-16 guys.

I'm hoping to be back next year for the u-23, or whatever is after 17-18.