So pleasant, and then spoilt

Danny Colyer

Guest
I've just been for my first ever training ride (my cycling over the last
14 years always been either utility or leisure).

I'm seriously considering riding in the Exmouth Exodus [1] in August,
but I'm conscious that I'm not quite fit enough for it. The easiest way
for me to train is to do an extended evening commute once a week
(getting longer until mid-July, then easing off). I reckon that ought
to do it.

My office is located on the Avon Cycleway (Regional Route 10), so for
the first ride I simply selected a point on the Avon Cycleway to ride
to, then chose an alternative route home. I didn't go far today,
extending my usual 5.6 mile commute to 20.3 miles, but at least they
were mostly pretty lumpy miles. I'm out of practice at hills, and need
to get used to them again.

Anyway, I enjoyed a very pleasant ride around the backroads of
North-East Somerset until, 500 yards from home, I was passed dangerously
on a mini roundabout. I used the AirZound, at which the motorist
slammed on his brakes, opened his door and started yelling abuse at me.
Amongst the abuse, he complained that I had blasted him before,
suggesting that today's standard of driving was not an aberration.

I have his registration No and I'm pretty sure I know which road he
lives on. Plod, of course, would do nothing, but it may be worth
reporting a road rage incident all the same.

[1]<url:http://www.exmouthexodus.co.uk/>

Subscribe to PlusNet <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/>

"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I have his registration No and I'm pretty sure I know which road he lives
> on. Plod, of course, would do nothing, but it may be worth reporting a
> road rage incident all the same.

Do it - definitely. Ask them to pop round and have a word with him.

cheers,
clive

Clive George wrote:

> Do it - definitely. Ask them to pop round and have a word with him.

Then go round and let his tyres down ;-)

bfn,

Tony B

"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I have his registration No and I'm pretty sure I know which road he lives
> on. Plod, of course, would do nothing, but it may be worth reporting a
> road rage incident all the same.

He and the fruit of his loins for a thousand generations has been cursed by
the PSF and he will find a fungal infection in a sensitive place causing him
intense irritation... one that refuses to respond to antifungal treatments

Cheers, helen s

wafflycat wrote:

> He and the fruit of his loins for a thousand generations has been cursed
> by the PSF and he will find a fungal infection in a sensitive place
> causing him intense irritation... one that refuses to respond to
> antifungal treatments

I won't ask where you sourced this pernicious little mycology ;-)

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham

> wafflycat wrote:
>>
>> He and the fruit of his loins for a thousand generations has been cursed
>> by the PSF and he will find a fungal infection in a sensitive place
>> causing him intense irritation... one that refuses to respond to
>> antifungal treatments
>>

> I won't ask where you sourced this pernicious little mycology ;-)

One uses one's swiss army knife to take scrapings from under the hooves of
goats. Add to this a little Quorn mixed with litterbox offerings from the
felines and it's a potent brew one once has danced nekkid round the willow
tree in the back garden on the night of the full moon, chanting strange
chants.

Cheers, helen s

wafflycat wrote:
> He and the fruit of his loins for a thousand generations has been cursed by
> the PSF and he will find a fungal infection in a sensitive place causing him
> intense irritation... one that refuses to respond to antifungal treatments

That's a pleasing thought, but I was happier not knowing the cursing
procedure!

One day you'll have to provide jpegs of this willow tree ;-)

Subscribe to PlusNet <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/>

"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> wafflycat wrote:
>> He and the fruit of his loins for a thousand generations has been cursed
>> by the PSF and he will find a fungal infection in a sensitive place
>> causing him intense irritation... one that refuses to respond to
>> antifungal treatments

> That's a pleasing thought, but I was happier not knowing the cursing
> procedure!
>
> One day you'll have to provide jpegs of this willow tree ;-)

Look for in your email. Offspring safe :)

Cheers, helen s

wafflycat wrote:
> "Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>

>> I have his registration No and I'm pretty sure I know which road he
>> lives on. Plod, of course, would do nothing, but it may be worth
>> reporting a road rage incident all the same.

> He and the fruit of his loins for a thousand generations has been
> cursed by the PSF and he will find a fungal infection in a sensitive
> place causing him intense irritation... one that refuses to respond
> to antifungal treatments

I understand the content of his yelling was about the fact Danny was wearing
bibshorts. Are you planning to recant the incantation? ;)
--
Ambrose

"Ambrose Nankivell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> I understand the content of his yelling was about the fact Danny was
> wearing bibshorts. Are you planning to recant the incantation? ;)

No, as one can just add a slab in that case ;-)

Cheers, helen s

"Danny Colyer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

<snip><snip>

> --
> Danny Colyer <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/>
> Subscribe to PlusNet <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/>
> "He who dares not offend cannot be honest." - Thomas Paine

> One day you'll have to provide jpegs of this willow tree ;-)

Or at least of the dancing! :-}
-
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,
England, United Kingdom.

I wrote:
>>One day you'll have to provide jpegs of this willow tree ;-)

and Pinky responded:
> Or at least of the dancing! :-}

Well, with the tree picture that Helen's just sent me (doesn't look like
a willow to me, but the familiar is in place), I should be able to
download a picture of a nekkid middle-aged woman from the intraweb, take
the head from one of the family pictures that she's sent me in the past,
and reproduce the dancing ;-)

Danny Colyer wrote:
> Plod, of course, would do nothing, but it may be worth
> reporting a road rage incident all the same.

Would you be referring to your use of the horn as a means of expressing
discontent? That's not what it's for, you know.

Following the horrendous incident in Sheffield reported in another
thread, I would suggest that voicing your opinion is not the correct way
to respond to such twuntish driving.

No, the correct response would be to go round his house and let his
tyres down. ;-)

d.

Danny Colyer wrote:

> Well, with the tree picture that Helen's just sent me (doesn't look like
> a willow to me, but the familiar is in place), I should be able to
> download a picture of a nekkid middle-aged woman from the intraweb, take
> the head from one of the family pictures that she's sent me in the past,
> and reproduce the dancing ;-)

Add a little animation and we could all have a "dancing round the willow
nekkid" file on our desktop to punish those that offend. Just think of
the power of 100 dancing willow wimmin all being directed at your road
rager from across the urc interwebbby.

--
Tony

right."
- Lord Hailsham

Tony Raven wrote:
> Danny Colyer wrote:
> >
> > Well, with the tree picture that Helen's just sent me (doesn't look like
> > a willow to me, but the familiar is in place), I should be able to
> > download a picture of a nekkid middle-aged woman from the intraweb, take
> > the head from one of the family pictures that she's sent me in the past,
> > and reproduce the dancing ;-)
> >

> Add a little animation and we could all have a "dancing round the willow
> nekkid" file on our desktop to punish those that offend. Just think of
> the power of 100 dancing willow wimmin all being directed at your road
> rager from across the urc interwebbby.

And then we need a site www.helenhelenhelen.com

helen helen helen
helen helen helen
helen helen helen
slaaab
slaaab

etc.

On Wed, 03 May 2006 23:45:51 +0100, Danny Colyer wrote:

> I wrote:
>>>One day you'll have to provide jpegs of this willow tree ;-)

> and Pinky responded:
>> Or at least of the dancing! :-}

> Well, with the tree picture that Helen's just sent me (doesn't look like a
> willow to me, but the familiar is in place),

I thought rowans were the most appropriate type here?

Or as Mayday has just been, a mulberry.

Totally off topic, on Monday I had a wander into Deptford where the local
artists etc. were recreating the old urban ritual of 'Jack in the Green'.
Someone dressed up as a huge green 'tree' waled the streets, between
several historic sites in Deptford. And the Dog and Bell pub.

davek wrote:
> Would you be referring to your use of the horn as a means of expressing
> discontent? That's not what it's for, you know.

The purpose of the horn is to alert other road users to your presence.
Given how close he passed and that I had to divert my course to avoid
occupying the same road space as him after he pulled in, it seemed clear
to me that he needed alerting to my presence :p

> No, the correct response would be to go round his house and let his
> tyres down. ;-)

I kept an eye out for the same car on the way home this evening, so that
I could make a note of the make and model (didn't notice those at the
time, cars all look the same to me). I spotted it parked, so now I know
exactly where to go. And it was an Audi A4, one of those cars whose
logo portrays a ringpiece for every seat.

Subscribe to PlusNet <URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/referral/>