so sad - beyond words

Wow I read that the driver lost control of the car and then hit them, but could all that damage to the car be from human beings? Surely the car hit something else as well :confused:

Terrible luck and a terrible tragedy.

If you've ever seen the damage a deer can do to a car, it's not at all unbelievable. It's also possible that the team car was struck. Who knows.

Simply horrible.

frenchyge said:
If you've ever seen the damage a deer can do to a car, it's not at all unbelievable. It's also possible that the team car was struck. Who knows.

Simply horrible.

A 170-pound local rider who was struck by a car this past Saturday dented the hood, smashed the windshield and crushed in the roof as he died.

wilmar13 said:
Wow I read that the driver lost control of the car and then hit them, but could all that damage to the car be from human beings? Surely the car hit something else as well :confused:

Terrible luck and a terrible tragedy.
When all is said and done, we are just so much weight in a world of physics. A car, traveling at speed hits that weight...

Ashley3 said:
A 170-pound local rider who was struck by a car this past Saturday dented the hood, smashed the windshield and crushed in the roof as he died.
Just got the police report on the above incident. The first officer on the scene wrote:
"Upon my arrival I saw a white male laying (sic) on the westbound right shoulder of Hawthorne road (he was deceased and was later identified as Steven Thomas Gordan, W/M DoB 8/12/66). There was a mangled bicycle sitting approximately 10 feet from Gordon. I was informed that Gordon had been struck by the grey Mitsubishi, bearing Maryland registration LME064, which was also sitting on the westbound right shoulder of the road. I noticed another white male, sitting on the guard rail near the Mitsubishi. I looked in the vehicle and observed an open bottle of Budweiser beer laying on the floor in plain view.."